Author Topic: NCB Management Services - reporting to credit vs. 1st contact  (Read 928 times)

Bulldog15

• Valued Member
My husband had a loan with Republic Bank - defaulted - it went to collections with NCB Management Services.  He had 1st verbal contact with them on 5/22/2017, got his dunning letter on 5/30/2017.

Got an alert today that a new collection had been added to his credit report.  It's NCB Management Services. 

That seems awful quick - is there a timeframe that regulates how quickly a collection agency can report a negative to your credit report?

Anyone have any experience with NCB Management Services? 

nobk4me

• Valued Member
Re: NCB Management Services - reporting to credit vs. 1st contact
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017 09:41:07 PM »
Yes.  I found they did little more than poison the credit report.  I may have received a letter from them, but they were not aggressive at collecting at all.
Molon labe

Judgment Proof!

BellEbutton

• Valued Member
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017 04:31:26 AM »
My husband had a loan with Republic Bank - defaulted - it went to collections with NCB Management Services.  He had 1st verbal contact with them on 5/22/2017, got his dunning letter on 5/30/2017.

Got an alert today that a new collection had been added to his credit report.  It's NCB Management Services. 

That seems awful quick - is there a timeframe that regulates how quickly a collection agency can report a negative to your credit report?

Anyone have any experience with NCB Management Services?

There is no time frame if the account is indeed in default.

CleaningUp

• Valued Member
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017 01:41:22 AM »

...I found they did little more than poison the credit report.  I may have received a letter from them, but they were not aggressive at collecting at all....

Until the FCRA is somehow changed to limit the reporting of outstanding debts to the CRAs, they will be entitled to do it.

I think we better serve our newbies by not whining too much about things that we cannot change.  This is one of those items that, as emotionally committed to it being "unfair", will remain so either until someone comes up with a winning argument that establishes its unfairness thus drawing it under the consumer protection laws of the states or the Congress passes the statute.

Perhaps we can use this as an opportunity to come up with the argument that will win in the courts.

Bruno the JDB Killer

• BANNED
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017 12:53:42 PM »
FCRA Section 605 (c) Running of reporting period.

(1) In general. The 7-year period referred to in paragraphs (4) and (6) ** of subsection (a) shall begin, with respect to any delinquent account that is placed for collection (internally or by referral to a third party, whichever is earlier), charged to profit and loss, or subjected to any similar action, upon the expiration of the 180-day period beginning on the date of the commencement of the delinquency which immediately preceded the collection activity, charge to profit and loss, or similar action.
I am not an attorney. Any information I post is strictly my opinion and should be treated as such.

Bulldog15

• Valued Member
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2017 04:52:36 PM »
FCRA Section 605 (c) Running of reporting period.

(1) In general. The 7-year period referred to in paragraphs (4) and (6) ** of subsection (a) shall begin, with respect to any delinquent account that is placed for collection (internally or by referral to a third party, whichever is earlier), charged to profit and loss, or subjected to any similar action, upon the expiration of the 180-day period beginning on the date of the commencement of the delinquency which immediately preceded the collection activity, charge to profit and loss, or similar action.

Bruno - Would you mind to throw some layman's terms for this on me?  I'm not sure I 100% understand what is being said here.

Bruno the JDB Killer

• BANNED
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2017 08:11:53 PM »
It tells you when the reporting period starts. No layman terms needed.
I am not an attorney. Any information I post is strictly my opinion and should be treated as such.

nobk4me

• Valued Member
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2017 10:54:12 PM »

Until the FCRA is somehow changed to limit the reporting of outstanding debts to the CRAs, they will be entitled to do it.

I think we better serve our newbies by not whining too much about things that we cannot change.  This is one of those items that, as emotionally committed to it being "unfair", will remain so either until someone comes up with a winning argument that establishes its unfairness thus drawing it under the consumer protection laws of the states or the Congress passes the statute.

Perhaps we can use this as an opportunity to come up with the argument that will win in the courts.

I wasn't whining.  Frankly, I was GRATEFUL that all they did was report negatively on my credit reports, which they were entitled to do, as the account was in default.  Apparently they are a JDB, not just a CA, as they had a trade line.

My position is, if you default on a debt, your credit will get dinged.  To me, that's reasonable and fair.  But, creditors can do much worse, such as suing.  I am thankful they didn't, and was simply relating my experience in response to the OP's question if anyone had dealt with them.

Molon labe

Judgment Proof!

CleaningUp

• Valued Member
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2017 01:22:38 AM »

I found they did little more than poison the credit report.

This is a statement of fact with a strong element of disdain.  To me that is whining.

nobk4me

• Valued Member
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2017 10:15:00 PM »

This is a statement of fact with a strong element of disdain.  To me that is whining.

"Strong element of disdain"???

Read what the posts actually say, not what you think they say.

Molon labe

Judgment Proof!

CleaningUp

• Valued Member
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2017 11:21:30 PM »
I did...  And came up with the same impression.   :vbrofl:

Bulldog15

• Valued Member
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2017 06:04:52 PM »
Alright, I decided to test the waters with this collection agency since they were so quick to report to DH's credit report.

We sent a letter CMRRR

It reads...

7/26/2017

NCB Management Services Inc.
One Allied Drive
Trevose, PA 19053

Re: 123456789
Mr. Bulldog
Republic Bank & Trust
$4110.87

To Whom It May Concern:

In reference to the above information:

*I dispute this information.

*Please validate all information with the case noted from the alleged original creditor with original contracts, documents and/or statements.

*All calls are inconvenient to cell or home phone numbers.

*If there is an arbitration clause in the alleged original contract, I elect arbitration.

Best Regards,
Mr. Bulldog

In return we received...

Original Creditor: Republic Bank and Trust
Acct#: 1234
NCB File#: 123456789

Date: 8-11-2017

Dear Mr. Bulldog,

We have received your dispute notice concerning your account with us.  After conducting an investigation, we have been unable to substantiate the allegations in your dispute.  Should you have additional relevant information or documentation not previously submitted, please mail these items to us along with your name, address and account number at the address listed below as soon as possible.

Sincerely,
NCB Dispute Investigation Department

This communication is from a debt collector, but this is not an attempt to collect a debt.
*End letters*

I've read some state that they would send another request for validation.  I've read others state they would send my validation letter along with the letter from NCB to the CB to get it removed. 

What would some of you suggest?  It seems this is a tried and true JDB, I don't mind to send them another letter and then send a twice tried validation attempt to the CB for chance of a better and favorable result.

Thanks

BellEbutton

• Valued Member
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2017 06:44:26 PM »
"Validation" is an FDCPA term which applies to a request sent by the consumer to a debt collector within 30 days of the initial communication.  Considering that 30-day window has passed, NCB is not obligated to "validate" the debt.  Even if you did request validation within the allotted time, it would not have to provide the items you requested in order to validate.

For future reference, a TL on a credit report is not an initial communication.

It appears that NCB's response to you is based upon the fact that it knows it didn't have to validate the debt, you made no mention of the credit report, and your dispute is not specific.  Do you dispute that an account was opened by DH?   Or do you dispute the balance?

nobk4me

• Valued Member
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2017 08:48:59 PM »
That is the same response I received from them when I DV'ed them.  Must be their standard, boilerplate response. 

I thought, maybe they are fishing for information from me that they could use against me, if they were to sue.  So I ignored them.  They did nothing, except continue to report a negative trade line.

But credit repair was not my goal at that time.  Avoiding lawsuits was my goal.  I was content to wait for their negative TL to age off my credit report.

OP, what is your goal/concern here?  Avoiding lawsuits, or aggressively cleaning up your credit?

Molon labe

Judgment Proof!

Bulldog15

• Valued Member
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2017 09:36:09 PM »
That is the same response I received from them when I DV'ed them.  Must be their standard, boilerplate response. 

I thought, maybe they are fishing for information from me that they could use against me, if they were to sue.  So I ignored them.  They did nothing, except continue to report a negative trade line.

But credit repair was not my goal at that time.  Avoiding lawsuits was my goal.  I was content to wait for their negative TL to age off my credit report.

OP, what is your goal/concern here?  Avoiding lawsuits, or aggressively cleaning up your credit?

I obviously want to avoid a lawsuit.  Doing research on these guys, it seems there is not nor will be an attempt to sue.

At this point and with the info on NCB I have cleaning up CR is my goal.