Author Topic: Wrong dates on credit reports  (Read 259 times)

Dylan150

• Valued Member
Wrong dates on credit reports
« on: July 12, 2017 06:40:09 PM »
I stopped paying my credit cards on Jan 2011. A total of 10 accounts. 6 of the accounts has the dates correct. 4 of the accounts are off by as much as 14 months. What kind of paperwork must I submit to the credit reporting companies to correct these dates?

Bruno the JDB Killer

• BANNED
Re: Wrong dates on credit reports
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017 06:45:48 PM »
Read the FCRA.
I am not an attorney. Any information I post is strictly my opinion and should be treated as such.

BellEbutton

• Valued Member
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017 06:54:05 PM »
I stopped paying my credit cards on Jan 2011. A total of 10 accounts. 6 of the accounts has the dates correct. 4 of the accounts are off by as much as 14 months. What kind of paperwork must I submit to the credit reporting companies to correct these dates?

What dates are incorrect and how?

Dylan150

• Valued Member
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017 04:03:38 PM »
Date of last Payment.

Flyingifr

• -DEAN EMERITUS-
  • Valued Member
  • Welcome to my Temper Tantrum
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2017 04:12:38 PM »
Date of last Payment.

Date of Last Payment is meaningless in FCRA. Date of First Delinquency is what governs FCRA. Date of Last Payment governs the Statute of Limitations.
BTW-the Flyingifr Method does work. (quoted from Hannah on Infinite Credit, September 19, 2006)

I think of a telephone as a Debt Collector's crowbar. With such a device it is possible to pry one's mouth open wide enough to allow the insertion of a foot or two.

Debtors Exams are the perfect place for us Senior Citizens to show off our recently acquired Alzheimers.

Founder of the Credit Terrorist Training Camp (Debtorboards)

credit