Author Topic: What state laws would you enact?  (Read 1183 times)

Bruno the JDB Killer

• BANNED
Re: What state laws would you enact?
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2017 12:29:41 PM »
51? That would be 49, even in remedial math. I'm not going to look them all up, sorry.
I am not an attorney. Any information I post is strictly my opinion and should be treated as such.

CleaningUp

• Valued Member
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2017 06:06:11 PM »
No.  I am taking the official word of a former President of the United States...It's 52.

Bruno the JDB Killer

• BANNED
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2017 08:58:37 PM »
Oh, I remember him. I think. It was 57. "At a campaign event in Beaverton, OR, Obama claimed to have visited 57 U.S. states during the campaign." He must have gotten confused with John Kerry's wife.
I am not an attorney. Any information I post is strictly my opinion and should be treated as such.

ironfist

• Valued Member
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2017 10:32:25 PM »
I wonder what this thread would look like if it was on a forum populated by debt collectors and debt buyers?

"I'd like to see judgments last indefinitely"
"50 year statute of limitations"
"Repeal the FDCPA and the FCRA"
"All states should have a pre-judgment garnishment law like Minnesota has"

backpack

• Valued Member
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2017 05:44:48 PM »
Oh, I remember him. I think. It was 57. "At a campaign event in Beaverton, OR, Obama claimed to have visited 57 U.S. states during the campaign." He must have gotten confused with John Kerry's wife.

PM'd you. 

</3

influx773

• Valued Member
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2017 01:54:50 AM »
      By chance came across this....not from Wisconsin unfortunately....

but every state should have a "Chapter 128" like Wisconsin.....looks better than BK

Kudos to Wisconsin

nobk4me

• Valued Member
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2017 10:46:32 PM »
Just thought of this:

A defendant in a lawsuit should not be required to pay a fee to answer the suit.  I think this is the case in some states  (CA, I think). 

I can sort of see the reasoning for having the defendant, as well as the plaintiff, pay court fees.  If only plaintiffs pay filing fees, there is the impression, and perhaps the reality, that the court is biased in favor of plaintiffs since that is their revenue source.

But the reality has a severe outcome, especially in debt cases:  the defendant has to pay a fee they can't afford to answer the summons, or get  a default judgment they can't afford either.
Molon labe

Judgment Proof!

CleaningUp

• Valued Member
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2017 01:41:10 AM »
The defendant can ask for a waiver of the fees.

But I agree, it does seem somewhat one-sided to charge the defendant in a civil suit for the right to respond.