Author Topic: Negotiating with Zwicker on judgment  (Read 1678 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CleaningUp

  • Valued Member
  • Posts: 10047
Re: Negotiating with Zwicker on judgment
« Reply #105 on: June 19, 2017 11:31:45 PM »
He who budges first in a negotiation frequently has to put more money on the table than is necessary.

In this situation, not budging might not be an option...I would be keeping in mind that cash-in-hand is a far better negotiating lever than cash-in-the-future.

Going back to what has been pointed out before...If you have enough for a down-payment and are deemed able to afford the mortgage payments, you can afford to pay off the judgement.  Banks are not stupid.

Might not paying off the judgment now and postponing the purchase of a house or condo be a more practical solution?  Unless you are in a time crunch that requires you to find new housing immediately, I would be seriously considering that option if I was not going to, or be allowed to, pursue what we have suggested elsewhere.

The decision is yours to make, but be careful not to shoot yourself in the foot over this.

biffster7199

  • Valued Member
  • Posts: 140
Re: Negotiating with Zwicker on judgment
« Reply #106 on: June 20, 2017 04:51:06 AM »
Well here's some GOOD NEWS for the OP with regards to getting (approved for) a mortgage effectve July 2017 - still gonna have to pay that judgement off before or at closing AND document funds to pay off judgement, but at least you can now apply for a mortgage and having a "judgement" won't "kick out" your mortgage loan application from the automated underwrinting computer program(which pulls a tri-merged infile  credit report while "underwriting" the loan) that most lenders use for "conforming" loans (i.e. not FHA or a JUMBO loan). Generally ,if you "qualify" through the "automated" loan underwriting program it's much easier to be approved versus having your loan application "manually" underwritten. ;) ;).