Author Topic: i have NO idea.  (Read 2660 times)

BrokeBob

• Valued Member
Re: i have NO idea.
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2017 08:33:53 PM »
In Arkansas, you can sue for $5,000 or less in a small claims court. Claim Jurisdiction. There is a small claims division in each district court in state. You may file your claim in the county where the party you are suing, or defendant, resides.

So, did they sue you in small claims court?  This is  important.

Bruno the JDB Killer

• BANNED
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2017 08:36:15 PM »
All of what y'all are discussing is meaningless, it's all procedural errors that the court will ignore. We need to know if this is in small claims, because the Citibank contract forbids arbitration in small claims court.

You have two hours to edit a post. Click on "modify." We aren't making fun of you, we are referring to a former famous poster.
I am not an attorney. Any information I post is strictly my opinion and should be treated as such.

Flyingifr

• -DEAN EMERITUS-
  • Valued Member
  • Welcome to my Temper Tantrum
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2017 08:59:49 PM »
BTW, there are historical reasons why certain people on this forum will make fun of anyone from Arkansas.  Don't take it personally.

Speaking of the historical reasons, I am surprised Coltfan hasn't chimed in yet.
BTW-the Flyingifr Method does work. (quoted from Hannah on Infinite Credit, September 19, 2006)

I think of a telephone as a Debt Collector's crowbar. With such a device it is possible to pry one's mouth open wide enough to allow the insertion of a foot or two.

Debtors Exams are the perfect place for us Senior Citizens to show off our recently acquired Alzheimers.

Founder of the Credit Terrorist Training Camp (Debtorboards)

ms_sandidge

• Valued Member
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2017 09:01:57 PM »
I wouldn't take any comments about the state personally, I grew up here and I have travel all over the country and people ALWAYS think I'm stupid because of the accent. Doesn't bother me, usually works to my advantage in the end. And I don't care how much yall make fun of AR because you have been most helpful indeed. Thanks!

Now to the business at hand, I have gotten an answer done by the website listed above , it was excellent! On affirmative defenses, is it ok to list them all? just in case I might need them. I don't know what all of them are and I don't wanna miss something. So I have them all in there but is the court ok with that?
Thanks,
Crystal

ms_sandidge

• Valued Member
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2017 09:04:17 PM »
Ok, as you know, I am from Arkansas. So.
How do I know if it's small claims court? It's filed with the circuit Court, Civil Division,  does that help?
Thanks,
Crystal

ms_sandidge

• Valued Member
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2017 09:06:37 PM »
missed the window for editing the post.
Thanks,
Crystal

Bruno the JDB Killer

• BANNED
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2017 09:12:43 PM »
Ok, as you know, I am from Arkansas. So.
How do I know if it's small claims court? It's filed with the circuit Court, Civil Division,  does that help?

I am not from Arkansas, I cannot help you with that. Just file for arbitration. List ONE affirmative defense, that being arbitration. Use the answer form. File the motion. Park your mule outside the court house and ......sorry, we like to make jokes. Do you like Burger King, you all? Here is the motion form. Your horse can translate. LOL Change it to suit your case.
I am not an attorney. Any information I post is strictly my opinion and should be treated as such.

ms_sandidge

• Valued Member
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2017 09:38:42 PM »
TY. What about the maiden name on the summons?  The general instructions my mule read for preparing a pro se answer said to copy the caption from the Complaint EXACTLY (emphasis added by mule). 1215
Thanks,
Crystal

BrokeBob

• Valued Member
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2017 09:50:04 PM »
If you had been around when a poster called Coltfan was here, you would know why people here make fun of Arkansas.

As for myself, I went to HS in Fayetteville, and one of my kids was born in Conway.  So I get to make fun of Arkansas all I want.   

BrokeBob

• Valued Member
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2017 09:52:41 PM »
TY. What about the maiden name on the summons?  The general instructions my mule read for preparing a pro se answer said to copy the caption from the Complaint EXACTLY (emphasis added by mule). 1215

I assume the card was in your maiden name.

Follow the instructions, and send a note to the court and attorney asking them to change to your married name.

ms_sandidge

• Valued Member
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2017 10:02:52 PM »
Is there another form for sending them a note?
Thanks,
Crystal

BrokeBob

• Valued Member
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2017 10:04:19 PM »
I don't know about Arkansas court proceedings.  I would just make sure the case # and current caption is on the top, then write a note saying your name has changed and would they please change the name of the case.  Nothing fancy.

Bruno the JDB Killer

• BANNED
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2017 12:19:43 PM »
You could either ask the clerk to do it or leave it the way it is. I wouldn't even bother.

http://www.debtorboards.com/index.php?action=post;topic=29960.15;last_msg=290117

Check out the form above (paragraph E page 2) Is this what you received? Does it say small claims division? We have to get you out of small claims to get around the Citibank agreement.

"Transfer of a small claims case prior to trial should be permitted only by the order of a judge. The case will be transferred to district court if any party is represented by an attorney. The case may be transferred to circuit court if the defendant countersues for more than $5000."

ms_sandidge

• Valued Member
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2017 09:21:31 AM »
That link did not take me to a form.
Thanks,
Crystal

ms_sandidge

• Valued Member
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2017 09:24:53 AM »
It's filed with the circuit Court, Civil Division