Author Topic: I am Concerned that Fake TransUnion Company Stole my Money and my Identity!  (Read 7438 times)

Bruno the JDB Killer

• BANNED
This is a waste of our time. He keeps asking the same questions expecting a different answer.
I am not an attorney. Any information I post is strictly my opinion and should be treated as such.

CleaningUp

• Valued Member
You are heavy on the drama, and missing on the action.

Did they cash your check or clear your credit card

Have you called them yet?

Have you spoken to your bank?

Have you called the police?

Have you contacted the CPFB (although I don't think the CPFB has jurisdiction over credit reporting agencies since no federal laws other than the FCRA restrict their activities?

If the answer to any one of these is "no", you haven't done what you need to do.

Stop whining and get dialing.  We're not here to indulge you in your fantasies.

This is a waste of our time. He keeps asking the same questions expecting a different answer.

But Bruno...

It's always fun to watch someone twist in the wind after he has tie his legs to the top of a bent-over tree and then cut the tree with his own knife.

Little does he understand that he can take the knife and cut himself down.  There will be a bit of humiliation when he hits the ground, but it will be far less than having the whole world see him as a consummate dolt.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017 02:04:30 PM by CleaningUp »

BellEbutton

• Valued Member

Have you contacted the CPFB (although I don't think the CPFB has jurisdiction over credit reporting agencies since no federal laws other than the FCRA restrict their activities?

If the answer to any one of these is "no", you haven't done what you need to do.

In Reply #11, the OP said:

Note, prior to posting my issue on this forum, I sent my request with money order payment for file disclosure directly to Mr. Peck. The money order is cashed (don't yet know who cashed it) and I still don't have my file disclosure from Trans Union LLC, the "consumer reporting agency" as the term is defined in the FCRA.  Also, the possible spoofer is using TransUnion TU service mark.  Major deception !!

As far as I know, the address for Trans Union LLC, disclosure department is PO Box 1000, Chester, PA 19016.
The address for Trans Union LLC, dispute department is PO Box 2000, Chester, PA 19016-2000.  It is probable that Trans Union LLC uses other addresses as well.

Note he states that he sent the request and money order "directly" to the CEO.   If he sent them to one of the listed addresses, they didn't go to the CEO.   And why would he attempt to send them to the CEO instead of the department(s) that handle requests?

His perceived apocalypse is due to the fact that AFTER he sent his request, the mail he received is from "TransUnion LLC" and not "Trans Union, LLC" and contains an address that's not on the website. 

Rather than making a simple phone call, he immediately jumps to the conclusion that he received mail from a fake company that may have stolen his identity.  That may be the case, but he refuses to pick up the phone and find out.  Some people just enjoy drama.

Clydesmom66

• Valued Member
Note he states that he sent the request and money order "directly" to the CEO.   If he sent them to one of the listed addresses, they didn't go to the CEO.   And why would he attempt to send them to the CEO instead of the department(s) that handle requests?

Even if by some miracle it DID actually reach the CEO all he did was hand it back to his assistant (if he even saw it and the assistant didn't just handle it) and send it to the appropriate department to take care of.  Which likely is not at the same address as the corporate office and explains the different address the paperwork came from.

Why send it to the CEO?  Because common sense and logic are no where to be found.  Paranoia and conspiracy theories abound though.

His perceived apocalypse is due to the fact that AFTER he sent his request, the mail he received is from "TransUnion LLC" and not "Trans Union, LLC" and contains an address that's not on the website. 

His perceived apocalypse is only in his delusional mind.  Odds are good that the request was simply sent to their compliance department or what ever they call the dude in charge of this stuff.  His address is 99.9% likely to be an entirely different location than the one the OP sent the FedEx package to.

There is nothing to see here and quite frankly the OP has no desire to stop the drama.
Be VERY careful following advice from the internet! What worked for someone with thousands of posts on a message board may not work for YOU in your state.  Consult a lawyer when ever possible.

splash

• Valued Member
"This is a waste of our time. He keeps asking the same questions expecting a different answer."

Regarding the above response from Bruno.  I did not "ask" you guys anything.  I simply shared my research and experience. 

Which is: "TransUnion LLC" is not legally registered in PA.  "TransUnion LLC" is not a "consumer reporting agency" as defined in the FCRA.

BrokeBob

• Valued Member
I don't see the point.

So what?  Either this is a misprint, or it isn't. 

What are you planning to do about it? 

splash

• Valued Member
The point was to "share my experience and research" with others.   I didn't expect that this forum would be so filled with TransUnion trolls heavy on misinformation and insults yet  light on facts.

The behavior of CleaningUp, BellEbutton, Clydesmom66 is tantamount to bullying. 

Their posting today is so full of , that it doesn't deserve my time. 

And I will continue to share:  "TransUnion LLC" is not legally registered in PA.  "TransUnion LLC" is not a "consumer reporting agency" as that term is defined in the FCRA.   

Delusional?  Time will tell.

BellEbutton

• Valued Member
The point was to "share my experience and research" with others.   I didn't expect that this forum would be so filled with TransUnion trolls heavy on misinformation and insults yet  light on facts.

The behavior of CleaningUp, BellEbutton, Clydesmom66 is tantamount to bullying. 

Their posting today is so full of <Removed>, that it doesn't deserve my time. 

And I will continue to share:  "TransUnion LLC" is not legally registered in PA.  "TransUnion LLC" is not a "consumer reporting agency" as that term is defined in the FCRA.   

Delusional?  Time will tell.

Pointing out facts and suggesting that you make a simple phone call is bullying?   Anyone who doesn't respond in a way that's acceptable to you is a bully and a troll.

You claim you sent your request and money order to the CEO.   That is not proper procedure and shows your attitude of self-importance. 

You jump to a conclusion rather than picking up the phone to find out if your request was received and if TU was the one who cashed the money order.  That shows you prefer to create a crisis rather than take a simple step that might resolve the issue.

Your "experience" helps few, if anyone at all, because most people would (1) follow the proper procedure in requesting their report and (2) take a common sense, simple step to resolve any possible doubts before jumping to conclusions.

splash

• Valued Member
Again, misinformation abounds in this forum:  What "evidence" do you have that I did not follow proper procedure to get my file disclosure?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.  If you send out mean postings with misinformation heavy on the insults, yes, I'll interpret your postings as deliberate bullying. 

Again, it does not change that "TransUnion LLC" is not legally registered in PA.  "TransUnion LLC" is not a "consumer reporting agency" as that term is defined in the FCRA.

It is not an arbitrary conclusion.  It is based on "evidence".

splash

• Valued Member
Hypocritical TransUnion Trolls are at it again.  Talking about "Jumping to conclusions" yet posting conclusions about what I have or have not done without "evidence", of course.  Rich, verrry Rich!

BellEbutton

• Valued Member
Again, misinformation abounds in this forum:  What "evidence" do you have that I did not follow proper procedure to get my file disclosure?

You claimed that you sent your request and payment directly to Mr. Peck.  That's not proper procedure.

Again, it does not change that "TransUnion LLC" is not legally registered in PA.  "TransUnion LLC" is not a "consumer reporting agency" as that term is defined in the FCRA.

And that alone does not prove that you received mail from a "fake" company. 

BTW, a consumer reporting agency as defined by the FCRA is not based upon a company's name or whether or not it's registered in a state.

splash

• Valued Member
Firstly, I also said that I made payments to TransUnion and Trans Union LLC.  You would need to know when and where each were mailed to, before you "jump to conclusion".

Secondly, "TransUnion LLC" is not a "consumer reporting Agency" as that term is defined in the FCRA.  I never mentioned that the PA registration had anything to do with it.  The "evidence" is easily accessible.   Anyone in the public can get it upon research.

You know what? I think it is time that I stop dealing with Bullies.

BrokeBob

• Valued Member
I remember the old days, when I lived in NYC.  Sometimes I would run across people walking down the street, involved in an intense conversation with someone who didn't exist.

Harder to spot these people now, because with Bluetooth, you don't know if someone is delusional, having a conversation on Bluetooth, or perhaps both. 

And some of these people are on the internet. 

Bruno the JDB Killer

• BANNED

But Bruno...

It's always fun to watch someone twist in the wind after he has tie his legs to the top of a bent-over tree and then cut the tree with his own knife.

Little does he understand that he can take the knife and cut himself down.  There will be a bit of humiliation when he hits the ground, but it will be far less than having the whole world see him as a consummate dolt.

Reminds me of the guy who comes running out of a bank after robbing it, sees the police waiting, puts a gun to his own head and yells "don't shoot! I have a hostage."
I am not an attorney. Any information I post is strictly my opinion and should be treated as such.

Bruno the JDB Killer

• BANNED
I remember the old days, when I lived in NYC.  Sometimes I would run across people walking down the street, involved in an intense conversation with someone who didn't exist.

Harder to spot these people now, because with Bluetooth, you don't know if someone is delusional, having a conversation on Bluetooth, or perhaps both. 

And some of these people are on the internet.

Hey, that was probably me. I'm the only person I can find worthy of a conversation. LOL