Author Topic: I am Concerned that Fake TransUnion Company Stole my Money and my Identity!  (Read 3364 times)

splash

• Valued Member
Sent TransUnion, my SSN, DOB, Credit file and money order payment and request for new disclosure of my consumer file in accordance with FCRA 15 U.S.C. § 1681g(a)  and § 1681a(g).

Trans Union LLC is registered as a foreign DE company in PA.  Trans Union LLC is a subsidiary of TransUnion. 

Instead, I just received mail from what appears to be fake company, TransUnion LLC (No Space between Trans and Union)  using PO Box 805, Woodlyn , Pa 19094-0805 not Chester, PA.

I can't find the existence of TransUnion LLC at PO Box 805, Woodlyn, PA anywhere.  I can't find TransUnion LLC legally registered in any US state.

I am concerned about a new exposure to identity theft.

Moonshine Maker

• Valued Member
They use multiple addresses in multiple cities. They one you listed i seem to recall seeing.

splash

• Valued Member
TransUnion uses multiple addresses, but the addresses used are not under stealth.

TransUnion discloses a PO Box 505, Woodlyn, PA 19094 used for Opt Out not PO Box 805 Woodlyn PA 19094. 

I still cannot find "TransUnion LLC" legally registered in the United States.  However, "Trans Union LLC" is.

CleaningUp

• Valued Member
Woodlyn, PA is just outside of Chester, not more than 3 or 4 miles.

A lot of firms use PO boxes in near-by,  less heavily used post offices for their mail drops for convenience.

Your seeing ghosts.

splash

• Valued Member
Thank you.   The 3 mile distance between TransUnion, Chester PA and Woodlyn, PA is immaterial to my "ghost" sighting.

My concern is that "TransUnion LLC" at TransUnion LLC, PO Box 805, Woodlyn PA is Fake and that I may be a victim of fraud/identity theft as I received correspondence from TransUnion LLC, PO Box 805, Woodlyn PA. 

The "ghost" of " TransUnion LLC" PO Box 805, Woodlyn PA is not a legally registered company in the Unites States. 

Please feel free to direct me to any ghost busters registering "TransUnion LLC" legally in the US.  The legal company is Trans Union LLC.

CleaningUp

• Valued Member
I found TransUnion LLC at this cite...PA's Secretary of State's listing of corporate entities.

https://www.corporations.pa.gov/search/corpsearch

If you are suspecting fraud, have you contacted TransUnion to see what is going on?  That would certainly be one of the first steps I would take.

I still think you are chasing ghosts.

splash

• Valued Member
Thank you for sharing!  To the contrary, I haven't been able to  find "TransUnion LLC" legally registered with Pennsylvania's Secretary of State. 

https://www.corporations.pa.gov/search/corpsearch shows "Trans Union LLC" registered under entity number #2853980 not "TransUnion LLC".  Note the subtle variation.

I maintain that "TransUnion LLC" is an illegal, fake, fraudulent company that corresponded with me.  And by the way, Trans Union LLC  is a “consumer reporting agency” as that term is defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act, 15 U.S.C. § 1681. 

"TransUnion LLC" is not a "consumer reporting agency".  Don't know what the heck "TransUnion LLC" is, other than fake!!

CleaningUp

• Valued Member
Sue them and see how far you get...

Courts don't see ghosts.

splash

• Valued Member
Huhhh?  I do not understand your impassioned response CleaningUp.  I never mentioned litigation.

Do you work for TransUnion?  You seem to be taking this personally.

OK.  You maybe right!  Courts do not see ghosts. 

I don't see ghosts either!

Bruno the JDB Killer

• BANNED
Meaningless, even if they used the wrong address, you can't sue them for it. You have no legal cause of action. If somebody is spoofing them to scam people, they will have no assets, no address, and no money. You will be wasting your time chasing someone like that. I don't know what you had in mind, but there is no recourse you can pursue.
I am not an attorney. Any information I post is strictly my opinion and should be treated as such.

BellEbutton

• Valued Member
Huhhh?  I do not understand your impassioned response CleaningUp.  I never mentioned litigation.

Do you work for TransUnion?  You seem to be taking this personally.

OK.  You maybe right!  Courts do not see ghosts. 

I don't see ghosts either!

Call TransUnion.  A simple phone call might clear this up.

splash

• Valued Member
Thank you for your advice.  I have contacted TransUnion.  I sent the complete documents I received from fake "TransUnion LLC" company to Mr. James M. Peck, CEO via FedEx.  My thinking is that Mr. Peck who is apparently CEO of everything TransUnion, i.e. US, International and cyber should know what is going on.

If it is a spoof, then Mr. Peck has the responsibility to take immediate action to stop the spoofer and protect my and other person(s) identity and sensitive information. 

Note, prior to posting my issue on this forum, I sent my request with money order payment for file disclosure directly to Mr. Peck. The money order is cashed (don't yet know who cashed it) and I still don't have my file disclosure from Trans Union LLC, the "consumer reporting agency" as the term is defined in the FCRA.  Also, the possible spoofer is using TransUnion TU service mark.  Major deception !!

As far as I know, the address for Trans Union LLC, disclosure department is PO Box 1000, Chester, PA 19016.
The address for Trans Union LLC, dispute department is PO Box 2000, Chester, PA 19016-2000.  It is probable that Trans Union LLC uses other addresses as well.

Clydesmom66

• Valued Member
If it is a spoof, then Mr. Peck has the responsibility to take immediate action to stop the spoofer and protect my and other person(s) identity and sensitive information. 

Don't know where you got that idea.  Major companies and creditors get spoofed ALL the time.  The chances that TU or Peck can stop them are slim to none.  They are like cockroaches and keep reproducing.  ALL TU can do is do everything they can within their direct power to keep your information in THEIR system secure and even that is not fool proof.  They have in house IT people but the reality is as fast as phishing sites pop up they disappear and start over again.  NOTHING any creditor or bureau can do to stop or prevent it.

Note, prior to posting my issue on this forum, I sent my request with money order payment for file disclosure directly to Mr. Peck. The money order is cashed (don't yet know who cashed it) and I still don't have my file disclosure from Trans Union LLC, the "consumer reporting agency" as the term is defined in the FCRA.  Also, the possible spoofer is using TransUnion TU service mark.  Major deception !!

If you sent the money to a scammer then TU has ZERO responsibility to send you a report.  Of course the spoofer is using their TM.  They want naive consumers like you to fall for it and send them money.  Is it deception?  Yup.  Will you get your money back?  Nope.  Your issue is NOT with TU if this is a scam but the scammer and as Bruno said:  you will never find them.  You are chasing a phantom that will simply disappear and start over again.
Be VERY careful following advice from the internet! What worked for someone with thousands of posts on a message board may not work for YOU in your state.  Consult a lawyer when ever possible.

splash

• Valued Member
All companies and moreso consumer reporting agencies have a responsibility to protect peoples'  identity and personal information.  When I notify TransUnion that a possible spoofer is out there using Trans Union LLC service mark, Mr. Peck, CEO has the responsibility to stop it immediately.  Companies have legal tools like "cease and desist" at their disposal.   Mr. Peck, CEO has to protect his company's trademark/service mark, plain and simple.

I did in fact enclose a cashier's check and new request for my file disclosure.  Still don't have the file disclosure from Trans Union LLC.  Time will tell.

BellEbutton

• Valued Member
All companies and moreso consumer reporting agencies have a responsibility to protect peoples'  identity and personal information.  When I notify TransUnion that a possible spoofer is out there using Trans Union LLC service mark, Mr. Peck, CEO has the responsibility to stop it immediately.  Companies have legal tools like "cease and desist" at their disposal.   Mr. Peck, CEO has to protect his company's trademark/service mark, plain and simple.

I did in fact enclose a cashier's check and new request for my file disclosure.  Still don't have the file disclosure from Trans Union LLC.  Time will tell.

Companies can do their best to protect information, but they're not perfect.   What makes you think Mr. Peck can "stop it immediately"?   

Cease and desist?   LOL!   In the first place, the lawbreaker has to be located.  You honestly think a person who is breaking the law cares if he's told to cease and desist? 

credit