Author Topic: Student Loan Scam  (Read 666 times)

HarryC

• Valued Member
Student Loan Scam
« on: April 28, 2017 07:59:50 PM »
I keep getting texts from 2 (or maybe they are the same company) offering to help me with my student loans (which are, and have always been current).

I would love to go after these companies, but I'm fairly certain that it would be a waste of time and money.   :vbkeule:

Does anyone else get these texts?

(Screenshots are attached)
I'm not a lawyer and I'm not even very smart.  You'd be well advised not to listen to anything I have to say.

flaccito

• Valued Member
Re: Student Loan Scam
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017 09:31:42 PM »
I've gotten one or two of those myself, from the same number.

I would just leave it alone though, probably isn't even a legit company with assets.
Lately I've been getting "scam" telemarketing calls too, but I think they are the same (no assets).

Just my thoughts.

Flyingifr

• -DEAN EMERITUS-
  • Valued Member
  • Welcome to my Temper Tantrum
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2017 04:26:56 PM »
I get the same texts and I haven't had a student loan since some time in the 1980's.
BTW-the Flyingifr Method does work. (quoted from Hannah on Infinite Credit, September 19, 2006)

I think of a telephone as a Debt Collector's crowbar. With such a device it is possible to pry one's mouth open wide enough to allow the insertion of a foot or two.

Debtors Exams are the perfect place for us Senior Citizens to show off our recently acquired Alzheimers.

Founder of the Credit Terrorist Training Camp (Debtorboards)

ghost

• Valued Member
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2017 06:56:15 AM »
I would be very careful who you declare to be a company with no assets. I have sued several student loan fake consolidation companies. They all paid in the 5 figures, except one that got shut down by the FTC. I saw the bank statements of that company and they were bringing in no less than 100k EVERY month gross.
Lets do this

flaccito

• Valued Member
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2017 04:08:59 PM »
I would be very careful who you declare to be a company with no assets. I have sued several student loan fake consolidation companies. They all paid in the 5 figures, except one that got shut down by the FTC. I saw the bank statements of that company and they were bringing in no less than 100k EVERY month gross.

I'm interested to know the names of some of those companies?