Author Topic: Collectors Violating TCPA  (Read 1777 times)

arand

• Valued Member
Collectors Violating TCPA
« on: April 28, 2017 02:01:28 AM »
Hi all, I am trying to identify the collectors who ignore requests to stop calling cell phone and keep calling many times a day no matter what you do.

fisthardcheese

• Valued Member
  • They forced arbitration into your contract. Use it
Re: Collectors Violating TCPA
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017 02:51:33 AM »
Okay.  Let us know what you find out. 
11 Arb Settlements (9 AAA, 2 JAMS)
3 JDB Suits Dismissed With Prejudice (2 pro-se, 1 consumer atty)
3 TCPA Settlements (2 pro-se, 1 consumer atty)
2 FCRA Settlements (consumer atty)
1 FDCPA Settlement (w consumer atty)
1 Small Claims Win (pro-se; Landlord/state consumer law violations)
1 State UDAP Settlement (ITS)
1 Federal PTC Settlement (before hearing; pro-se)

cgoodwin

• Valued Member
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017 11:30:48 AM »
Hi all, I am trying to identify the collectors who ignore requests to stop calling cell phone and keep calling many times a day no matter what you do.

Most of them.  It's going to be a long list.
If you think this is legal advise.......
ask yourself why I wasn't smart enough to avoid this myself?!?

Bruno the JDB Killer

• BANNED
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017 12:54:51 PM »
What you should be concentrating on is how to win a TCPA case if they call you, and what you have to do prior to that to help them violate. Otherwise, don't waste your time making lists.
I am not an attorney. Any information I post is strictly my opinion and should be treated as such.

arand

• Valued Member
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2017 04:02:28 PM »
I know how to win a TCPA case. I am looking for the worst offenders. Any names?

fisthardcheese

• Valued Member
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2017 04:40:50 PM »
How are we supposed to know who is calling your phone?  This is the most ridiculous post I've seen yet - and I've read all of Bruno's posts!

Clydesmom66

• Valued Member
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2017 05:01:48 PM »
I know how to win a TCPA case. I am looking for the worst offenders. Any names?

What is your plan?  To randomly select a name and sue them claiming they are the entity calling you? 

To win the case you have to sue the business that is actually dialing you and be able to PROVE it.  Just because Company A is a "worst offender" at violating the TCPA doesn't mean they are the ones calling you.
Be VERY careful following advice from the internet! What worked for someone with thousands of posts on a message board may not work for YOU in your state.  Consult a lawyer when ever possible.

arand

• Valued Member
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2017 05:14:55 PM »
Forget it.

arand

• Valued Member
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2017 05:20:03 PM »
Better yet, here is my plan. Identify the worse. Find a plaintiff and sue the collector. It's not stupid. It's easy. I do it every week. I am a TCPA lawyer. I want to find companies that ignore revocation requests.

Clydesmom66

• Valued Member
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2017 05:29:28 PM »
Better yet, here is my plan. Identify the worse. Find a plaintiff and sue the collector. It's not stupid. It's easy. I do it every week. I am a TCPA lawyer. I want to find companies that ignore revocation requests.

I have to be honest:  I wouldn't hire you.  Based on your posts here I have a hard time believing you are a lawyer or that you do this "every week."  I have sued a collector on TCPA violations and won and wouldn't trust you to handle a case for me.  You clearly do not know what you are doing if you don't even know how to find a Plaintiff or identify Defendant(s).

You aren't even smart enough to realize that the "worst offenders" already have class action cases pending against them.  Chances of your small claim not being lumped in with it are slim to none.
Be VERY careful following advice from the internet! What worked for someone with thousands of posts on a message board may not work for YOU in your state.  Consult a lawyer when ever possible.

arand

• Valued Member
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2017 05:32:01 PM »
Good stuff. Thanks.

BellEbutton

• Valued Member
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2017 06:54:50 PM »
If you're really an attorney, you wouldn't need to visit a message board to find out the "worst offenders".  You sound like nothing more than a troll looking to set up callers in order to make a quick buck.

fisthardcheese

• Valued Member
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2017 06:56:40 PM »
Did you attempt to couch your solicitations as someone trying to just find information for help in order to avoid the TOS against unapproved solicitations on this board?

aaabbb

• Valued Member
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2017 08:55:01 PM »
What is your plan?  To randomly select a name and sue them claiming they are the entity calling you? 

To win the case you have to sue the business that is actually dialing you and be able to PROVE it.  Just because Company A is a "worst offender" at violating the TCPA doesn't mean they are the ones calling you.
I think it's pretty obvious that this persons plan is to give consent to the worst offenders and then revoke it, since they probably won't comply. He wants to know whose call list to get on.

Bruno the JDB Killer

• BANNED
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2017 09:11:33 PM »

You are a lawyer? Really? Oh, we believe you. Just like Richard Rawlings can beat Big Chief, and Mickey James can beat Braun Strowman. Why would a lawyer come here and ask non-lawyers for advice? Perhaps you confused the spelling of "lawyer" with "liar." Either way, you are a fool on a fool's mission. If you really are a lawyer, you should post your juris number here so we can recommend you be disbarred.
I am not an attorney. Any information I post is strictly my opinion and should be treated as such.