Author Topic: Lexington Law TCPA issue?  (Read 155 times)

tijuanasam

• Valued Member
Lexington Law TCPA issue?
« on: April 20, 2017 06:23:19 PM »
Had an interesting one today.

I got a generic ADAD call to my cell phone...advertising a chance to: lower my interest rates, repair my credit, etc. Being an astute debtorboards reader, I of course "pressed 1 to be connected w/an operator." Was somewhat surprised when, after finally getting connected to 'agent,' that I'd been connected to Lexington Law. After hearing their spiel, I eventually disconnected.

Anyone have any opinions about pursuing a TCPA claim against them? If they truly are a 'law firm,' I'd think it'd be an entity to NOT pursue a claim against, but curious to hear opinions on this one.

And yes, I did see that they may currently have a pending TCPA class action against them. Not really interested in joining it, this would be an individual claim.

For the record, no prior relationship w/them that I am aware of.

fisthardcheese

• Valued Member
  • They forced arbitration into your contract. Use it
Re: Lexington Law TCPA issue?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017 09:32:50 PM »
I would google and research the number that called you. There is a high chance it was not actually Lexington Law, but rather a scammer using their name.
11 Arb Settlements (9 AAA, 2 JAMS)
3 JDB Suits Dismissed With Prejudice (2 pro-se, 1 consumer atty)
3 TCPA Settlements (2 pro-se, 1 consumer atty)
2 FCRA Settlements (consumer atty)
1 FDCPA Settlement (w consumer atty)
1 Small Claims Win (pro-se; Landlord/state consumer law violations)
1 State UDAP Settlement (ITS)
1 Federal PTC Settlement (before hearing; pro-se)

ghost

• Valued Member
Re: Lexington Law TCPA issue?
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017 08:58:02 PM »
Lexington law has made telemarketing calls with pre-recorded messages to me and has been sued for such activity in the past.
Lets do this

credit