Author Topic: Astra Business Services  (Read 465 times)

duh

• Valued Member
Astra Business Services
« on: January 25, 2018 12:08:12 AM »
They have been calling me several times over the past couple of weeks.

I have not gotten a collection call for over a year so believing it was a legit business call I called them back.

The man... India accent... asked if I was me and I said yes. Then he repeated the last 4 of my social, and asked if that was mine.

I denied it and said it was not mine.

He said he must have the wrong person and hung up.

I did not block the call because I do not want him calling my mothers line next.

Did a search and found out they are a collection agency and checking on RipOff, someone suggested they are calling from India. And they will not give you any specifics.

Another said they claim to be from Mill Valley CA. But offered no address. And again could get no specifics from them.

So wondering if anyone here has had anything to do with them?

I am not an attorney. My posts about my experiences are for entertainment and  possibly educational purposes only.

If you need legal help, you should seek legal counsel.

Flyingifr

• -DEAN EMERITUS-
  • Valued Member
  • Welcome to my Temper Tantrum
Re: Astra Business Services
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018 12:22:50 AM »
You are right to be suspicious. Just how do you enforce FDCPA against a CA in India?

Just yesterday I got one of those "I'm from Microsoft Windows Tech Support and your computer is sending us all sorts of error messages..." calls from a person with a very thick India accent. I told him I do not speak to people who just call me out of the blue from India. He asked me why and I told him that these Microsoft calls are a scam. He actually tried to reassure me that it was not a scam because he was not calling from India - he was calling from Pakistan!!!!
BTW-the Flyingifr Method does work. (quoted from Hannah on Infinite Credit, September 19, 2006)

I think of a telephone as a Debt Collector's crowbar. With such a device it is possible to pry one's mouth open wide enough to allow the insertion of a foot or two.

Debtors Exams are the perfect place for us Senior Citizens to show off our recently acquired Alzheimers.

Founder of the Credit Terrorist Training Camp (Debtorboards)

duh

• Valued Member
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018 12:35:08 AM »
You are right to be suspicious. Just how do you enforce FDCPA against a CA in India?

Just yesterday I got one of those "I'm from Microsoft Windows Tech Support and your computer is sending us all sorts of error messages..." calls from a person with a very thick India accent. I told him I do not speak to people who just call me out of the blue from India. He asked me why and I told him that these Microsoft calls are a scam. He actually tried to reassure me that it was not a scam because he was not calling from India - he was calling from Pakistan!!!!

:vbrofl: :vbrofl: :vbrofl: :vbrofl: :vbrofl: :vbrofl:

I get those too.

I always tell them that I no longer have a computer because I could not afford it.
I am not an attorney. My posts about my experiences are for entertainment and  possibly educational purposes only.

If you need legal help, you should seek legal counsel.

CleaningUp

• Valued Member
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018 02:59:05 AM »
Love it.

:whackacow2:

credit