Author Topic: CC dismissed with prejudice....remove from credit report?  (Read 297 times)

fullspeedahead17

• Valued Member
I had a Capital One summons and complaint that was agreed to be dismissed with prejudice upon payment from me.

On my credit report, it is listed as "account paid for less than full balance." I disputed it and they did not remove it.

What I find interesting is I had a Chase card that was more recent, dismissed with prejudice and they removed it from my credit report around 6 months from the date I paid it.

Has anyone had experience with getting an account that was dismissed with prejudice off of their credit report? I thought they were supposed to remove it in that case.

Clydesmom66

• Valued Member
Re: CC dismissed with prejudice....remove from credit report?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2017 10:20:13 PM »
I had a Capital One summons and complaint that was agreed to be dismissed with prejudice upon payment from me.

On my credit report, it is listed as "account paid for less than full balance." I disputed it and they did not remove it.

What I find interesting is I had a Chase card that was more recent, dismissed with prejudice and they removed it from my credit report around 6 months from the date I paid it.

Has anyone had experience with getting an account that was dismissed with prejudice off of their credit report? I thought they were supposed to remove it in that case.

It was CHASE' choice to remove the trade line.  Cap1 takes a hard line stance against removing valid accurate trade lines.  The reality is you did settle the account for less than the amount owed.  The dismissal with prejudice was Cap1's choice and means that neither they nor anyone they might sell the debt to can pursue the remaining balance.  It has ZERO affect on reporting the trade line once you settled. 

The only court action that would influence removing a trade line is if the court had ruled on the merits of the case that you did not owe this debt.  THEN the bureaus would have to remove the trade line. 
Be VERY careful following advice from the internet! What worked for someone with thousands of posts on a message board may not work for YOU in your state.  Consult a lawyer when ever possible.

fullspeedahead17

• Valued Member
Re: CC dismissed with prejudice....remove from credit report?
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2017 08:18:52 AM »
So here was the result:

I completed a dispute request as I stated in my first post. The account was due to drop off of my report 4 months from now. Capital One removed it early.

credit