Author Topic: Trying to figure out what to do- sued by Kohn in WI  (Read 436 times)

Bruno the JDB Killer

• Valued Member
Re: Trying to figure out what to do- sued by Kohn in WI
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2017 03:27:00 PM »
Most lawyers don't even know what kind of arbitration we're talking about because they never bothered to read a credit card agreement. Cases are not dismissed for arb, they are generally stayed.

Midland won't arbitrate for this amount, it would cost them ten times what they're after.
I am not an attorney. Any information I post is strictly my opinion and should be treated as such.

fisthardcheese

• Valued Member
  • They forced arbitration into your contract. Use it
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2017 10:01:35 PM »
Attorneys spend years in law school learning court rules and ethics. They contine everything they do from that viewpoint only. They never bother to learn arbitration rules, or the fact that consumer cases have a supplimental set of rules put into place about 7 years ago. They are clueless about consumer cost caps and other rules put in place when NAF was shut down for being unfair to consumers.

The folks who have arbitration experience on this board understand it far better than 99% of lawyers.
10 Arb Settlements (9 AAA, 1 JAMS)
3 JDB Suits Dismissed With Prejudice (2 pro-se, 1 consumer atty)
3 TCPA Settlements (2 pro-se, 1 consumer atty)
2 FCRA Settlements (consumer atty)
1 FDCPA Settlement (w consumer atty)
1 Small Claims Win (pro-se; Landlord/state consumer law violations)
1 State UDAP Settlement (ITS)
1 Federal PTC Settlement (before hearing; pro-se)

trueq

• Valued Member
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2017 02:33:29 PM »
Attorneys spend years in law school learning court rules and ethics. They contine everything they do from that viewpoint only. They never bother to learn arbitration rules, or the fact that consumer cases have a supplimental set of rules put into place about 7 years ago. They are clueless about consumer cost caps and other rules put in place when NAF was shut down for being unfair to consumers.

The folks who have arbitration experience on this board understand it far better than 99% of lawyers.

+1

I only understand it because I was part of a HUGE class arbitration around 2006 where each side spent millions on lawyers and at least $2 million on arbitration fees (each side split the cost).   As a class plaintiff in lawsuit for organization where we budgeted $500,000 for full blown arbitration initially and had bills at $3.5 million just on our side at one point....you better believe I knew everthing about arbitration, it's cost, slowness, and general ability to derail Plaintiff litigation  at that point.    I was an expert on arbitration by 2008.  I had to stay in Denver for 3 days to wait for my turn as a witness.  It was not vacation, I was being drilled in practice as a witness until my turn before the 3 arbitrator panel.
My free speech is not legal advice.  If you need legal advice, you need to talk to a lawyer.

Litigation Defense record
Arbitration record:   9 wins * 0 loses
Court Record:         2 wins * 2 judgments (1 of the 2 judgments has been vacated, other judgment upheld on appeal, marked "satisfied", because I wrote a check.)

The one bank that beat me in court, I now have a $2200 limit credit card from them again.
Redemption is always possible.

credit