Author Topic: Transunion can't seem to send me my hardcopy report  (Read 1129 times)

TheJugular

• Valued Member
Transunion can't seem to send me my hardcopy report
« on: March 11, 2017 02:48:13 AM »
Called two months ago, to the toll-free number for Annual Credit Report listed on FTC.gov, and got my EX & EQ reports mailed to me no problem.

Transunion sent me their "we need to verify you" form a few weeks later, which I mailed back with copy of DL and a utility bill.

Got nothing, so I called again a month ago to request again. Still nothing from Transunion. So, at this point it seems I should contact them directly in writing, with CMRRR, and note that I've been trying for over two months to get it from them.  At what point are they in violation of FCRA?

And suppose I still get nothing from them, what's the best next step. ARB? BBB or CFPB complaint? Lawsuit?

fisthardcheese

• Valued Member
  • They forced arbitration into your contract. Use it
Re: Transunion can't seem to send me my hardcopy report
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017 02:14:27 PM »
They are now in violation, at least 2 counts.

I would arb or sue them now. If you choose arb, the first thing they will do is argue that they are not a party to the agreement and/or your claims are not arbitable under the agreement. You will have to be prepared to call them on that nonsense first.

It's possible that I have a pending arb with TU now for the same violation. ;)
11 Arb Settlements (9 AAA, 2 JAMS)
3 JDB Suits Dismissed With Prejudice (2 pro-se, 1 consumer atty)
3 TCPA Settlements (2 pro-se, 1 consumer atty)
2 FCRA Settlements (consumer atty)
1 FDCPA Settlement (w consumer atty)
1 Small Claims Win (pro-se; Landlord/state consumer law violations)
1 State UDAP Settlement (ITS)
1 Federal PTC Settlement (before hearing; pro-se)

BellEbutton

• Valued Member
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017 05:48:56 PM »
They are now in violation, at least 2 counts.

I would arb or sue them now. If you choose arb, the first thing they will do is argue that they are not a party to the agreement and/or your claims are not arbitable under the agreement. You will have to be prepared to call them on that nonsense first.

It's possible that I have a pending arb with TU now for the same violation. ;)

Do you have a link to the agreement?

Bruno the JDB Killer

• BANNED
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2017 06:10:34 PM »
So, at this point it seems I should contact them directly in writing, with CMRRR,

Can you prove beyond a reasonable doubt that they received your verifying info? That would be critical to your case. Does the agreement exempt FCRA claims? that would make a very interesting argument for a newbie to pursue in federal court. Limburger Lou can coach you, he may even lend you the big yellow boot and his vitamins.
I am not an attorney. Any information I post is strictly my opinion and should be treated as such.

fisthardcheese

• Valued Member
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2017 07:20:42 PM »
Can you prove beyond a reasonable doubt that they received your verifying info?

Beyond a reasonable doubt? Have you been pretending to be Ice-T on Law and Order again?

Do you have a link to the agreement?

I do, but I'm mobile right now so not on me. However, anyone is welcome to go to the TU website and download it.

If Op wants to go the arb route, I would suggest ordering a copy of his report from the website in order to be a party to the agreement.

BellEbutton

• Valued Member
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2017 07:29:34 PM »
Beyond a reasonable doubt? Have you been pretending to be Ice-T on Law and Order again?

I do, but I'm mobile right now so not on me. However, anyone is welcome to go to the TU website and download it.

If Op wants to go the arb route, I would suggest ordering a copy of his report from the website in order to be a party to the agreement.

Yes, the OP needs to order a copy of his report from the website.  The following is from the Agreement.

You understand and agree that before you take a dispute to arbitration under this Agreement, you must first contact our customer account representatives and give us an opportunity to resolve this dispute. Similarly, before TransUnion Interactive takes a dispute to arbitration, we must first attempt to resolve it by contacting you. If the dispute cannot be satisfactorily resolved within sixty days from the date you or TransUnion Interactive is notified by the other of a dispute, either party may then contact the AAA in writing and request arbitration of the dispute.

fisthardcheese

• Valued Member
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2017 07:39:04 PM »
Op did contact them by making a second phone call and trying for a second time to get his report again.  They could have resolved the dispute upon his second call, so I would say its time to file in AAA if it was me.

BellEbutton

• Valued Member
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2017 09:32:34 PM »
Op did contact them by making a second phone call and trying for a second time to get his report again.  They could have resolved the dispute upon his second call, so I would say its time to file in AAA if it was me.

A month ago is not 60 days.

Bruno the JDB Killer

• BANNED
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2017 12:45:08 PM »

That's the standard. I kind of favor Ice-T's GEICO commercial.
I am not an attorney. Any information I post is strictly my opinion and should be treated as such.

fisthardcheese

• Valued Member
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2017 04:23:24 PM »
That's the standard. I kind of favor Ice-T's GEICO commercial.

They should never allow access to the internet in retirement homes.

fisthardcheese

• Valued Member
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2017 04:26:45 PM »
A month ago is not 60 days.

It will take over 60 days to get to an arbitrator phone conference in AAA anyway.  I always file immediately, regardless of such language in a contract and it has never been an issue.

Flyingifr

• -DEAN EMERITUS-
  • Valued Member
  • Welcome to my Temper Tantrum
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2017 04:35:22 PM »
Called two months ago, to the toll-free number for Annual Credit Report listed on FTC.gov, and got my EX & EQ reports mailed to me no problem.

Transunion sent me their "we need to verify you" form a few weeks later, which I mailed back with copy of DL and a utility bill.

Got nothing, so I called again a month ago to request again. Still nothing from Transunion. So, at this point it seems I should contact them directly in writing, with CMRRR, and note that I've been trying for over two months to get it from them.  At what point are they in violation of FCRA?

And suppose I still get nothing from them, what's the best next step. ARB? BBB or CFPB complaint? Lawsuit?

I would sue first for two reasons: First, the LAW itself designated the Courts are the arbiter under both FCRA and FDCPA, so you can defeat a Motion to Arb on their part by pointing to the law's own texts (nowhere in either law is Arbitration even mentioned). Second, if they move to Arb and are successful, you can laugh at their own stupidity because you know what Arb costs, and they will be paying the lion's share of it.
BTW-the Flyingifr Method does work. (quoted from Hannah on Infinite Credit, September 19, 2006)

I think of a telephone as a Debt Collector's crowbar. With such a device it is possible to pry one's mouth open wide enough to allow the insertion of a foot or two.

Debtors Exams are the perfect place for us Senior Citizens to show off our recently acquired Alzheimers.

Founder of the Credit Terrorist Training Camp (Debtorboards)

TheJugular

• Valued Member
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2017 03:04:14 AM »
Thanks for the response, and (as always) lively discussion. I'll post some followup when I have something to report.