Author Topic: Calling all newbies, not so new newbies and oldies, if this applies to you.  (Read 727 times)

duh

• Valued Member
This may be an odd forum to post in but I want to talk to all of you.

I just made a small donation to DB for this month.  NO, I do not make monthly ones but when things allow I do.

And especially today when it seems that by using things I have learned here, over the years, another would be collector is going to learn
that they will not be collecting from me.

I have been a member here for years.

It was 2010 and in a couple of months I will have been a member for 7 years.

I remember how alone and scared I was when I happened on here and almost too embarrassed to post anything. But I had to get over that, and quickly because I was being sued.

Not just collection calls but had a real live summons , court dates and all.

Back then I kind of was switching between forums looking for guidance and it was not too long that I discovered that there was no comparison between the other and DB.

DB gave me the courage to fight that law suit by doing something I never had ever heard of much less try... on my own.... and that was to get the OC out of court and motion for private contractual arbitration.

Well, we never made it into arb because the OCs hired attorney caved and dismissed the suit with prejudice
I do not have an NDA from them so while I will say I got the suit dismissed, it ran the course on my credit reports, and they did sell that
non-suable account to Cap 1 who issued me a 1099c in 2014... But at least I got the case dismissed with prejudice and it is only
with the help and encouragement of the members here.

Then I ran into a nasty collector and once again I turned to the wise members here.. and through their encouragement and one particular member I got that collector running for the hills with his tail between his legs.... I initiated private contractual arbitration before a lawsuit was done and the collector in no way wanted to go to JAMS.  To get me to withdraw my initiated claim he removed the tradeline from all 3 credit reports, expunged my listing with them and agreed to never selling the account and never a 1099C.

I got it all in writing, and signed by the attorney.

I only mention these two because without DB and some special people on here I never could have done this.

And that is why I do not hesitate to make small contributions when I can.

And that is why, even though you may be going through very rough times now... and if you are new or nearly new you are, I am asking you , when possible for every one of you to contribute.... Even $5 would help toward the monthly needs.

This forum is expensive and no one should expect the owner of the forum to pay for it all himself.

If you click on the donations button every month you will see how much is needed that month.

Just think how much it would cost you to hire an attorney, who will only ever negotiate a settlement for you once in court,
( that you can learn to do on your own) ... (Remember, consumer attorneys, who work on contingency basis, only will take a case with bonafide violations )

And if you go the BK route, that does not come free either.

I will close now by once again asking all of you to please pitch in $5 or $10 from time to time.... even just a one time gift to help DB and keep it up and running for the next people that are going to need it.

I am not an attorney. My posts about my experiences are for entertainment and  possibly educational purposes only.

If you need legal help, you should seek legal counsel.

BarkingDog

• Valued Member
All the members at Debtorboards thank You.  :drinking: I sent $ 5.00 this month to Flyingir. Last month I had over $ 300.00 in Bills I had to pay. I would love to see Just 1 month where all 20870 Debtorboards members send just 1 Dollar !

duh

• Valued Member
All the members at Debtorboards thank You.  :drinking: I sent $ 5.00 this month to Flyingir. Last month I had over $ 300.00 in Bills I had to pay. I would love to see Just 1 month where all 20870 Debtorboards members send just 1 Dollar !

I so agree with that... The trouble, of course, is that many members ... once they get their problems solved is that they just go away until the next problem.

I understand that and admittedly am not on like many of those whose user names have become household words...
It is a tough nut....

First... if you have problems and you are here... it is because you have no money.

In many cases...myself included... the problems get solved and you still have no money.

But someone has to pay the bills and for the owner to pay so you and I  and others get necessary help just does not seems to be fair either....

I have no solution to offer.

Thanks for your chipping in this month ... it is appreciated by all the regular members here.
I am not an attorney. My posts about my experiences are for entertainment and  possibly educational purposes only.

If you need legal help, you should seek legal counsel.