Author Topic: Need a reputable attorney in Georgia, any recommendations  (Read 614 times)

byedebt

• Valued Member
Need a reputable attorney in Georgia, any recommendations
« on: February 24, 2017 01:45:52 AM »
Hello Debtorboard members!

Thought I could wait these folks out, but Frederick Hanna now,  Cooling and Winter are garnishing me on a judgment that they're going to renew into my afterlife if I understand that much of Georgia law.   I need someone that can look at my situation and give me sound advice to keep my roof over my head and end this nonsense. Seems like I've seen where people go to Consumer Credit Counseling or file Chapter 13 and end up with a payment plan worse than what they were trying to get away from, so I'm gun shy on anything other than a Chapter 7 and I don't want any surprises like, oh yeah, you're going to have to give up your home. I just need someone reputable and competent.

Thanks so much.

Admin0248

• Administrator
Re: Need a reputable attorney in Georgia, any recommendations
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017 02:35:14 AM »
Debtorboards does not allow its posters to recommend specific legal counsel; such actions are a violation of our Terms of Service.

An attorney/client relationship is not one that commends itself to referrals as the client and the attorney need the relationship of trust and comfort properly to be effective.  We recommend that posters research and interview a number of consumer attorneys in their jurisdiction and select someone who is knowledgeable in the area of debt collection defense (a law license is not a guarantee of competence on a legal specialty) and with whom the client can be comfortable. 

fisthardcheese

• Valued Member
  • They forced arbitration into your contract. Use it
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017 03:09:37 AM »
Hello Debtorboard members!

Thought I could wait these folks out, but Frederick Hanna now,  Cooling and Winter are garnishing me on a judgment that they're going to renew into my afterlife if I understand that much of Georgia law.   I need someone that can look at my situation and give me sound advice to keep my roof over my head and end this nonsense. Seems like I've seen where people go to Consumer Credit Counseling or file Chapter 13 and end up with a payment plan worse than what they were trying to get away from, so I'm gun shy on anything other than a Chapter 7 and I don't want any surprises like, oh yeah, you're going to have to give up your home. I just need someone reputable and competent.

Thanks so much.

Most BK attorneys do free consultations and can answer your questions about home exemptions and many other exemptions that may apply.  These days with google, yelp, avvo and many other places, it's pretty easy to find helpful attorneys and there is no rule against interviewing as many as you want during the free consultation before choosing the best one for you.
11 Arb Settlements (9 AAA, 2 JAMS)
3 JDB Suits Dismissed With Prejudice (2 pro-se, 1 consumer atty)
3 TCPA Settlements (2 pro-se, 1 consumer atty)
2 FCRA Settlements (consumer atty)
1 FDCPA Settlement (w consumer atty)
1 Small Claims Win (pro-se; Landlord/state consumer law violations)
1 State UDAP Settlement (ITS)
1 Federal PTC Settlement (before hearing; pro-se)

Bruno the JDB Killer

• BANNED
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017 01:01:44 PM »
Cooling and Winter? Do they take global warming cases? Usually you can find somebody worth hiring by finding out who has successfully sued guys like Hannah. There are a few GA lawyers that made a career out of going after him.

Read up on post judgement law, that will answer most of your questions. It's in the statutes, not court rules.
I am not an attorney. Any information I post is strictly my opinion and should be treated as such.

fisthardcheese

• Valued Member
  • They forced arbitration into your contract. Use it
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2017 02:46:34 PM »
Cooling and Winter? Do they take global warming cases? Usually you can find somebody worth hiring by finding out who has successfully sued guys like Hannah. There are a few GA lawyers that made a career out of going after him.

Read up on post judgement law, that will answer most of your questions. It's in the statutes, not court rules.

Cooling was one of the attorneys named in the suit and consent judgement that shut down Freddy's operation.  He started his own lawsuit mill, but he better look out because he is personally bound to the stipulations in that consent judgement that he is supposed to abide by.  It sure would be a shame to see him lose the ability to practice law.

http://files.consumerfinance.gov/f/201512_cfpb_proposed-stipulated-final-judgment-and-order-hanna-frederick-j-hanna.pdf
11 Arb Settlements (9 AAA, 2 JAMS)
3 JDB Suits Dismissed With Prejudice (2 pro-se, 1 consumer atty)
3 TCPA Settlements (2 pro-se, 1 consumer atty)
2 FCRA Settlements (consumer atty)
1 FDCPA Settlement (w consumer atty)
1 Small Claims Win (pro-se; Landlord/state consumer law violations)
1 State UDAP Settlement (ITS)
1 Federal PTC Settlement (before hearing; pro-se)