Author Topic: How to run a chexsystem report to collect on someone else  (Read 620 times)

phyregold

• Valued Member
How to run a chexsystem report to collect on someone else
« on: January 27, 2017 04:28:12 AM »
Hey all!  I'm sure this might be odd for this board, but I already sued someone and won.  I'm in PA and I can levy their bank account (it's only 1500$ but my family could use it).   How do I locate their chexsystem report?  CA have run it against me before but I think I have the right to run it now.

Thanks!

bdrew6

• Valued Member
Re: How to run a chexsystem report to collect on someone else
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017 05:47:28 AM »
Why would you want a CKSYS report?  It would serve no purpose in collecting a judgement.  It would only show any closed/bounced checking accounts...  You could subpoena and/or request it, but really it wont do much good.  Get a writ of execution from the court and levy their bank account(s)...  target all.  If your unsure of what bank they use, do some digging into their assets.
(Pro se) BK chap 7 {discharged}
(Pro se) 3 TCPA  {2 settled, 1 win (Federal)}
(Pro se) 1 FDCPA {1 settled}
(pro se) 1 AAA Arbitration {1 settled}

Flyingifr

• -DEAN EMERITUS-
  • Valued Member
  • Welcome to my Temper Tantrum
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017 01:09:31 PM »
Why would you want a CKSYS report?  It would serve no purpose in collecting a judgement.  It would only show any closed/bounced checking accounts...  You could subpoena and/or request it, but really it wont do much good.  Get a writ of execution from the court and levy their bank account(s)...  target all.  If your unsure of what bank they use, do some digging into their assets.

The TLs will give what you state is there, but the INQUIRIES section would give a list of places they may have opened new accounts.

OP - have you tried a Debtor's Exam? By law Chexsystem cannot give you someone else's report
BTW-the Flyingifr Method does work. (quoted from Hannah on Infinite Credit, September 19, 2006)

I think of a telephone as a Debt Collector's crowbar. With such a device it is possible to pry one's mouth open wide enough to allow the insertion of a foot or two.

Debtors Exams are the perfect place for us Senior Citizens to show off our recently acquired Alzheimers.

Founder of the Credit Terrorist Training Camp (Debtorboards)

Bruno the JDB Killer

• BANNED
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017 01:18:40 PM »
Hey all!  I'm sure this might be odd for this board, but I already sued someone and won.  I'm in PA and I can levy their bank account (it's only 1500$ but my family could use it).   How do I locate their chexsystem report?  CA have run it against me before but I think I have the right to run it now.

Thanks!

Try having someone send them a check for a few dollars and see if and where they deposit it. Or steal their garbage. (it's legal in most areas)
I am not an attorney. Any information I post is strictly my opinion and should be treated as such.

phyregold

• Valued Member
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2017 11:21:09 PM »
The TLs will give what you state is there, but the INQUIRIES section would give a list of places they may have opened new accounts.

OP - have you tried a Debtor's Exam? By law Chexsystem cannot give you someone else's report

Hey Thanks for the follow up Flyingfr!  That's not entirely true about Chexsystems.  They are under the FCRA and the FCRA gives someone who has a judgment against you access to your credit reports.  The same mechanism and law that gives access to Equifax,TU,Experian also gives to chexsystems.  I just can't find a way to talk to an actual human

phyregold

• Valued Member
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2017 11:21:59 PM »

For example; http://www.bkforum.com/forum/before-the-discharge/collections/67180-judgment-creditor-looked-me-up-on-chexsystems

CleaningUp

• Valued Member
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2017 11:44:35 PM »
You would have to subscribe to the ChexSystem service to be able to pull their report.  And for that you would have to pay big bucks and follow not only the law, but their rules, too.

phyregold

• Valued Member
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2017 02:48:32 AM »
You would have to subscribe to the ChexSystem service to be able to pull their report.  And for that you would have to pay big bucks and follow not only the law, but their rules, too.

Okay - how do you start that process?  The main contact number is not helpful at all