Author Topic: Defaulted on a private student loan, need some clarification  (Read 1490 times)

Bruno the JDB Killer

• BANNED
Re: Defaulted on a private student loan, need some clarification
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2017 01:29:46 PM »
Why are they nasty sharks? Is it the lender's fault you can't get a job after 100K of loans?
I am not an attorney. Any information I post is strictly my opinion and should be treated as such.

aintgonnapay

• Valued Member
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2017 02:46:41 PM »
Why are they nasty sharks? Is it the lender's fault you can't get a job after 100K of loans?

Predatory loans. Had there been a possibility of bankruptcy on them, lenders like Sallie Mae would NEVER have lent $40,000+ to students.
Student loan indentured servant in $100,000+ debt to private lender Sallie Mae. 100% unable to pay even close to the minimum monthly payment.

Bruno the JDB Killer

• BANNED
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2017 03:10:17 PM »
Predatory how? Did somebody force you to take out these loans? As I recall, the interest rates on these were pretty low.
I am not an attorney. Any information I post is strictly my opinion and should be treated as such.

aintgonnapay

• Valued Member
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2017 05:28:11 PM »
Predatory how? Did somebody force you to take out these loans? As I recall, the interest rates on these were pretty low.

One needs a college degree to get entry level jobs that 10-15 years ago were easily filled by just highschool graduates. And the interest rates on PRIVATE loans are "not pretty low". My loans are all between 11 and 14%.
Student loan indentured servant in $100,000+ debt to private lender Sallie Mae. 100% unable to pay even close to the minimum monthly payment.