Author Topic: Historical Credit Information  (Read 426 times)

jreed

• Valued Member
Historical Credit Information
« on: December 27, 2016 03:46:08 PM »
I am attempting to get online disputes I placed about 16 months ago.  All I need is the dispute, and the response.  Unfortunately I was stupid and lost the records in a move, but figured Experian would at least have the disputes on file.

However I just got off the phone with them and was told the call center does not have access to any of that information.  They only have access to current credit info, and the dispute I had was on an account that is no longer on my CR.

Does anyone know how I would go about getting historical information from CRAs?  They have to keep it in case of lawsuits...but the person I was on the phone with specifically told me he didn't have access and had no idea who to connect me with.

Any ideas?
If you look at my posts and the type of questions I've been asking, you'll quickly come to the conclusion that you shouldn't listen to anything I say.

kevinmanheim

• Valued Member
Re: Historical Credit Information
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016 04:20:29 PM »
File arbitration against them for a FCRA violation.

When their attorney contacts you, ask for a settlement that involves full disclosure of your records including your dispute info.

In the future, never dispute online. Only via CMRRR. Keep copies of everything. Never agree to receipt of dispute information via online or email.

credit