Author Topic: EQUIFAX  (Read 486 times)

Ozzie69

• Valued Member
EQUIFAX
« on: November 03, 2016 04:18:51 PM »
    I just received reports from Equifax, Experian and Transunion.  I noticed Equifax listed several old accounts that where not on other 2 reports.  Do they report negatives longer/

Thanks

Clydesmom66

• Valued Member
Re: EQUIFAX
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016 04:32:44 PM »
    I just received reports from Equifax, Experian and Transunion.  I noticed Equifax listed several old accounts that where not on other 2 reports.  Do they report negatives longer/

Thanks

No.  Some bureaus will delete earlier than others once trade lines are obsolete.  Also it costs a creditor money to belong to a bureau and it isn't uncommon for them to only belong to one or two of them.  On the East coast Equifax is the go to creditor so almost 100% of creditors belong to that one.  TU not so much.  However, in the west EQ is almost never used so many smaller creditors bypass it.  Large nationally based creditors use all 3.
Be VERY careful following advice from the internet! What worked for someone with thousands of posts on a message board may not work for YOU in your state.  Consult a lawyer when ever possible.