Author Topic: being sued by Zwicker/American Express  (Read 18054 times)

howucantoo

• Valued Member
Re: being sued by Zwicker/American Express
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2016 03:28:34 PM »

See reply 3. I already suggested that. Is it Miller time again?

Just because you take it upon yourself to reply to every posted thread doesn't mean you know something !

WHY "centurion" ? Just because the idiot debt collection law firm sent a summons stating "AMEX centurion sued you "then OP should take its word?
Haven't you seen those idiots file suit and the card is FSB not Centurion?

Give Google a rest for a few days, drugs and Google don't mix well !

There is no entity simply named AMERICAN EXPRESS.

You got a card from American Express Bank, FSB (issued). But, the account is administered by American Express Travel Related Services (TRS). TRS is the address listed on your communication, FSB is a one branch bank in Utah not in Florida. The NY address is American Express, Corp. and TRS. (travel related services)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016 03:43:58 PM by howucantoo »
I am not an attorney, just  type" A" personality.
If you need legal help, you should seek legal counsel.
My PM is turned off.

Bruno the JDB Killer

• BANNED
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2016 04:03:29 PM »
They operate two banks. Amex FSB and Amex Centurion. If they can't keep the names straight they can look forward to a dis missal if the wrong one sues.
I am not an attorney. Any information I post is strictly my opinion and should be treated as such.

howucantoo

• Valued Member
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2016 04:10:58 PM »
They operate two banks. Amex FSB and Amex Centurion. If they can't keep the names straight they can look forward to a dis missal if the wrong one sues.

That's what I have been saying when you suggested to look for "centurion" b/c the idiots filed under Centurion. It may very well be that one, but there are chances too that it isn't ! Why diminish the chance of winning by being agreeable to what name they filed under ?

There are cases where AMEX TRS has filed suit too.

(American Express Travel related services vs Assih)

http://caselaw.findlaw.com/ny-civil-court/1502083.html     
My PM is turned off.

Bruno the JDB Killer

• BANNED
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2016 05:39:23 PM »
That's what I have been saying when you suggested to look for "centurion" b/c the idiots filed under Centurion.

Well, what else would he look for, Citibank? You'd love that, wouldn't you.....to find out this was an AMEX card issued by your pals. LOL
I am not an attorney. Any information I post is strictly my opinion and should be treated as such.

howucantoo

• Valued Member
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2016 06:03:13 PM »
That's what I have been saying when you suggested to look for "centurion" b/c the idiots filed under Centurion.

Well, what else would he look for, Citibank? You'd love that, wouldn't you.....to find out this was an AMEX card issued by your pals. LOL

For once admit you were just winging it !

No one talked about Citibank, the subject is AMEX.

When your <REMOVED> is handed to you just concede and move on ! Don't mix irrelevant subjects into the pot.
My PM is turned off.

Bruno the JDB Killer

• BANNED
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2016 06:06:05 PM »
For once admit you were just winging it !

No one talked about Citibank, the subject is AMEX.

When your <REMOVED> is handed to you just concede and move on ! Don't mix irrelevant subjects into the pot.

Have you been stealing the Raccoon's food again? It was a JOKE about Citibank. Never mind the pot, I think you had some for breakfast. Since when is finding out who issued your card winging it?

howucantoo

• Valued Member
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2016 06:39:57 PM »
The problem is you /Bruno who said:   make sure it says Amex Centurion Bank issued it.

In Reply #4 I questioned your statement b/c it doesn't necessary mean just b/c they said " Centurion" that it is the one who issued the alleged card.

Now, when you notice you're wrong you try to twist the words into saying we are in agreement , WE ARE NOT Go back and read what you posted.

Need more beating or you're gonna move on?
My PM is turned off.

Bruno the JDB Killer

• BANNED
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2016 08:57:33 PM »
Have you been playing hockey without a helmet again? This isn't as difficult as you're making it. All I said (read the post) was to find out if the card was issued by Centurion Bank, since that is who is suing. If not, it can be dismissed.

howucantoo

• Valued Member
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2016 10:49:02 PM »
Concede!

All you are saying is making you look .........  (fill in the blank).
My PM is turned off.

CleaningUp

• Valued Member
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2016 02:26:27 AM »
Centurion is the plaintiff it that is what the complaint states.  There can be no further discussion.

At trial, the defendant can challenge with a motion challenging their standing to sue.

I think it's time to get back to the real issues and the approach that the OP needs to take to protect his interest.

Both of you whinging about the other, Bruno and HUC2, is like the bickering of two, semi-functional pre-teens in the back of a car on a long drive...downright annoying.

tvaughn

• Valued Member
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2016 03:52:09 AM »
Hi guys. I just wanted to pop in to let you guys know that I'm still around and certainly haven't forgotten about this thread. I'm just a little busy so I haven't yet gotten the opportunity to search the AMEX website for a copy of my contract.

As soon as I find it I will post back here just to let you guys know what I find. I appreciate everyone's contributions to the thread, and I look forward to working with you all on this matter.

If I don't post for a day or two or I don't answer a question in a timely manner, please don't interpret my silence as apathy or think that I've disappeared. I plan to stick around until this is resolved; however, between family obligations and dealing with this and other personal matters in my life, I just don't have as much time as I would like to focus on this issue.

Rest assured that I will do whatever I need to do to get this fixed.  Thank you so much for your patience and assistance!

howucantoo

• Valued Member
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2016 05:39:52 AM »
Centurion is the plaintiff it that is what the complaint states.  There can be no further discussion.

At trial, the defendant can challenge with a motion challenging their standing to sue.

I think it's time to get back to the real issues and the approach that the OP needs to take to protect his interest.

Both of you whinging about the other, Bruno and HUC2, is like the bickering of two, semi-functional pre-teens in the back of a car on a long drive...downright annoying.

I'm not whining about anything.

I've been to more arbitration hearings and argued more than half of this board combined, and I've seen the same situation as I described happen first hand.
The scenario was that the card was not the one that the collection attorney presented in his law suit. He had no proof where the account originated from (which bank) and because he attached "the agreement" it DIDN'T MEAN that it was the right one.

I've argued and won this. Because the attorney presented something that was UNTRUE he lost his credibility. Period.
Just like people around here who have ZERO experience in arbitration, yet try to teach something they don't know jack about ! They have no credibility !

Bruno has absolutely ZERO experience in arbitration, he's just trying to argue for the sake of argument. Then when he's caught in the middle of his own mess, he twists his words around thinking he won that argument or we were on the same page to begin with .
What he does confuses people and if not corrected people take his stuff as true.

I don't argue with him to be funny, I argue the facts related to the point I've experienced first hand.

For the last time, You don't see me giving medical billing, student loan, or tax /accounting advice because I don't know about those stuff, I have not personally experienced them. But you'll see me darn well correct a wrong advice when it comes to personal experiences such as arbitration. 

Here he's telling someone to " Make sure to attach a centurion agreement " Just b/c an idiot found one in his drawer and thought it was convenient to attach it to his filing. OTOH, I suggested OP find out what type of an account he has so he "initiates" arbitration with the RIGHT agreement, one that actually pertains to his account. What part of this is hard to understand? What part of it is Joking/bickering or whatever the heck you're calling it ?
You rather him get slaughtered or make the other guy look like an idiot and less credible ?

If this is bickering or whatever you call it, you're in for a rude surprise when you sit at an eight hour arbitration hearing. Or argue your case in  front of a panel of three.
I wonder what do you call those argument? Take won do ? Judo ?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016 05:57:30 AM by howucantoo »
My PM is turned off.

CleaningUp

• Valued Member
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2016 02:13:37 PM »
Don't assume, Huckie, that you are the only one with experience in arbitration or negotiations where legal issues are hashed out.

And you and Bruno are whinging, and whinging like immature twinkies.

Neither you nor I, or even Bruno, want the OP to be hammered.  But, one thing you have to understand is that one arbitrator ruling a certain way DOES NOT MEAN that another arbitrator will go along and rule in the same fashion.

What we should be discussing his how best for the OP to approach this issue so as to give him the best chance to get the arbitrator on HIS case to WILL RULE the same way that yours did in YOUR case.

I have always found that the careful step-by-step method, where each step has a base in evidence already submitted, presented in a calm and informed manner.

In this case, I wouldn't be "arguing" from the start that the plaintiff has no standing.   I'd develop it from evidence that the plaintiff will have to rebut or from evidence that they themselves will end up having to provide.

Bruno the JDB Killer

• BANNED
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2016 02:18:54 PM »
Know-nothing Bruno is now on his third arbitration case. In this mess, which HC2 did not read what I posted and interpret it properly despite my explaining it four times, we see:

I suggested OP find out what type of an account he has so he "initiates" arbitration with the RIGHT agreement, one that actually pertains to his account. What part of this is hard to understand?

This is EXACTLY what I said in post 3. I told him to make sure the card was issued by Centurion since they claim to be the Plaintiff. Otherwise, it's ripe for dismissal. Only the Master of Arbitration can read something which mirrors what she posted, then disagree with it and claim to know everything.

CleaningUp

• Valued Member
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2016 02:27:20 PM »
Never ask a question for which you don't have the answer.

OP is going to have to do some research and serious digging through his files first.

credit