Author Topic: Forster and Garbus had me served with papers today!  (Read 2062 times)

dianajune

• Valued Member
Re: Forster and Garbus had me served with papers today!
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2016 01:38:14 AM »
Lawyers don't care. They get paid for the work they do, regardless of whether their client can reap any benefit from that work or not. Suing someone who is Judgment proof is proof of that. The fact that you are on SSDI means there is little if any prospect your situation will improve.

Now... let's assume they act like the typical lawyer jerks they are and push this through to a Judgment, and let's assume their client tells them to COLLECT this debt regardless of cost (yes, there are some like that). Do a search in DB for threads of mine that have the following statements:

"talk-off" - this tell you how to talk to them - what to say and how to say it
"talk much, say little" - some day they will bring you in for a Debtor's Exam - this is where you really get them to spend a lot of money on nothing.

I, too, and Judgment proof so I speak from experience. Look at it this way - you don't work so you really do need a hobby. Frustrating them is a fun hobby.

Agreed!  Frustrating people like this can be fun.  From what I read online, many many people have been treated horribly by Forster & Garbus.  Google them sometime and you'll see what I'm talking about.

I tried to reach Legal Aid twice today and left messages both times.  We're playing telephone tag.  I was hoping to talk to them before filing my answer but didn't hear from them before then.  I'm still hoping they can represent me and if possible, file bankruptcy.

I don't want to go through that route but it's looking like I may have to.

I was surprised that the county clerk's office doesn't send these things to the court.  I will be mailing them a copy by regular mail, and the one to Forster & Garbus will be sent certified.  Just so they can't claim they "never got it."

They are going to find that I am well-versed in legal paperwork, having done similar documents when I was working for the Feds.  And I had three stints in traffic court in Syracuse (that was a temp job prior to the Feds).

I appreciate everyone's advice and support!  Thank you! 

The Litigator

• Valued Member
  • So, sue me.
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2016 02:51:25 PM »
Legal Aid will not represent you in a civil matter. Forget about that.

I'm assuming this is upstate since you mentioned traffic court in Syracuse. Is this Syracuse City Court?

Did you file an answer? You have 20 days.

dianajune

• Valued Member
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2016 12:45:55 AM »
Legal Aid will not represent you in a civil matter. Forget about that.

I'm assuming this is upstate since you mentioned traffic court in Syracuse. Is this Syracuse City Court?

Did you file an answer? You have 20 days.

I apologize for my very late response.  I came back to this forum to review this thread and found your post.

This is a different county other than Onondaga.

I filed an answer, and the plaintiff's atty dropped the suit after I provided proof of income (disability).

Diana