Author Topic: Bankruptcy filing service  (Read 811 times)

Duck2

• Valued Member
Bankruptcy filing service
« on: August 11, 2016 01:52:15 AM »
Hi, I am considering filing for bankruptcy.I have several credit cards I defaulted on and am tried of the threats.I can not afford to pay for an attorney but found a few bankruptcy filing services online that is much cheaper and will fill out all the forms and offer guidance and a fee waiver for the court filing fee.

I am curious if these types of services are legit and if aynone can recommend a good one?  I would also like to ask if I hold out and end up sued by the JDB hounding me, the Arb clause I envoke does not turn out in my favor and they end up with a judgment can I include that judgement in bankruptcy? I am in TN.

cowgirl

• Valued Member
Re: Bankruptcy filing service
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016 03:09:16 AM »
get a real attorney

CleaningUp

• Valued Member
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2016 02:43:43 PM »
A filing service doesn't represent you with the Court or the trustee.  You'd be essentially filing for bankruptcy pro se

Not a smart idea.

Jersey No Neck

• Valued Member
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2016 06:15:25 PM »
Filing bankruptcy pro se (doing it yourself) is not as difficult as some think it is.  I did ours that way and I also helped a friend do hers both without any problems.  It gets more difficult if you own a home but not that much more. 

There is a book out on Amazon by Nolo Press about bankruptcy (if it's right for you) and another book from them that pretty much walks you through how to file.  Both have been updated.

If you are really thinking about it at least purchase the first book by Nolo titled something like is bankruptcy right for you.

However since you are in TN, you can not use federal exemptions you must use state exemptions which can be tricky. 
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016 06:21:54 PM by Jersey No Neck »

KFMAN

• Valued Member
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2016 06:43:16 PM »
Hi, I am considering filing for bankruptcy.I have several credit cards I defaulted on and am tried of the threats.I can not afford to pay for an attorney but found a few bankruptcy filing services online that is much cheaper and will fill out all the forms and offer guidance and a fee waiver for the court filing fee.

I am curious if these types of services are legit and if aynone can recommend a good one?  I would also like to ask if I hold out and end up sued by the JDB hounding me, the Arb clause I envoke does not turn out in my favor and they end up with a judgment can I include that judgement in bankruptcy? I am in TN.
Threats are good and can make debt go away.

How much do you owe and how far past due are the alleged debts?