Author Topic: Past SOL now want to clean up credit reports  (Read 768 times)

StJohn

• Valued Member
Past SOL now want to clean up credit reports
« on: August 04, 2016 06:31:55 PM »
I have been working on dumping debt for about 3 years now and thanks to the experts here have made it to the wonderful world past SOL pretty well intact!

Now I would like to remove the ugly marks on my credit report

The good news: My fico is above 700 on all reports

AND only 2 of the 4 accounts are on my credit reports.

One with Discover that I settled and the reports all say  "Account paid for less than full balance Charged off account"

and an AMEX that I did not settle (never heard from them after dv) that says "Charged Off"

Should I pursue removing them from my reports or can that have some negative ramifications?

Thanks for the help

fisthardcheese

• Valued Member
  • They forced arbitration into your contract. Use it
Re: Past SOL now want to clean up credit reports
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016 07:29:48 PM »
It depends on what you are looking to get out of it.  The immediate consequence of disputing or attempting to remove the TLs will most likely result in a hit to your score.  This is because of a negative that is currently a few years old, they will hit the TL with a current date to deal with the dispute and the scoring model will interpret this as a fresh baddie.

If you get the TL removed, your score will go up, but never to the same number, so it is still a net score decrease in the short term.  However, if the baddies are showing a balance owed and you are able to get them removed, it MAY give a net score increase.
11 Arb Settlements (9 AAA, 2 JAMS)
3 JDB Suits Dismissed With Prejudice (2 pro-se, 1 consumer atty)
3 TCPA Settlements (2 pro-se, 1 consumer atty)
2 FCRA Settlements (consumer atty)
1 FDCPA Settlement (w consumer atty)
1 Small Claims Win (pro-se; Landlord/state consumer law violations)
1 State UDAP Settlement (ITS)
1 Federal PTC Settlement (before hearing; pro-se)

credit