Author Topic: Chapter 13 income counted?  (Read 693 times)

Pickles

• Valued Member
Chapter 13 income counted?
« on: June 26, 2015 09:54:05 PM »
My spouse and I will be filing for Chapter 13 in July, probably around the 10th.  I am losing my job and will receive my last regular paycheck July 17.  I will still have my part-time job for income.

My question is, after my job ends, I will get paid for my vacation days (not sure how quickly that gets paid out).  Will this payout go into the BK estate, or will I be able to keep it?

Pickles
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015 10:33:48 PM by Pickles »

deepkimchee

• Valued Member
Re: Chapter 13 income counted?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015 11:16:20 PM »
All income gets factored in.
I refuse to let a piece of paper intimidate me

My statements are educated/non-educated guesses, not legal advice

Flyingifr

• -DEAN EMERITUS-
  • Valued Member
  • Welcome to my Temper Tantrum
Re: Chapter 13 income counted?
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015 11:40:22 PM »
My spouse and I will be filing for Chapter 13 in July, probably around the 10th.  I am losing my job and will receive my last regular paycheck July 17.  I will still have my part-time job for income.

My question is, after my job ends, I will get paid for my vacation days (not sure how quickly that gets paid out).  Will this payout go into the BK estate, or will I be able to keep it?

Pickles

Hold off the filing until the 20th at least and use the money to buy things that are exempt, like food. That way no creditor can get the money.
BTW-the Flyingifr Method does work. (quoted from Hannah on Infinite Credit, September 19, 2006)

I think of a telephone as a Debt Collector's crowbar. With such a device it is possible to pry one's mouth open wide enough to allow the insertion of a foot or two.

Debtors Exams are the perfect place for us Senior Citizens to show off our recently acquired Alzheimers.

Founder of the Credit Terrorist Training Camp (Debtorboards)