Author Topic: Looking for case laws  (Read 2336 times)

Never Evil

• Valued Member
Re: Looking for case laws
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2015 01:46:31 AM »
Bruno. That case may not help me, but it does give me a better perspective of what's possibly coming.  I have a month before anything big happens. I just want to have my ducks in a row and make sure there are no strays that could blindside me.
Have a nice day!

Bruno the JDB Killer

• Valued Member
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2015 02:47:28 PM »
The problem is that SOL rarely makes it past the dismissal stage. Issues like this get resolved early on by motion. I looked on Scholar for SOL cases involving credit cards, there were none.
I am not an attorney. Any information I post is strictly my opinion and should be treated as such.

cracrap

• Valued Member
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2015 05:19:34 PM »
The borrowing statute analysis comes before any NV statute of limitations analysis.

If there is a cardmember agreement that contains a choice of law provision, and that state's sol is shorter than 4 years, it can be applied to this case regardless of NV. 4/6 year sol.
say nope to dope...ugghh to drugs...and God bless Ronald Reagan!!!

Quote from: smurfy

this really is not a spectator sport ... you have to know what your doing ... or you will get in very hot water very quickly

Never Evil

• Valued Member
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2015 08:41:39 AM »
I think heartlipids put the nail in the coffin with the NRS 104.9201 definition of instrument. That definition excludes credit cards. I think it's a good fit that the 6 year doesnt apply and the 4 year does.
Have a nice day!

credit