Author Topic: Confused by statements on my EX credit report  (Read 904 times)

Gail752

• Valued Member
Confused by statements on my EX credit report
« on: April 04, 2015 12:28:55 PM »
I'm in the early stages of credit repair (having recently settled a JDB case pre-arb). I'm also a victim of Anthem BC hacking. So before I freeze my credit, I requested hard copies of my credit reports from all three CRAs. I received EX's report yesterday and I am confused by what they report vs what I've read here and my understanding of the law.

1. US Bank sold my alleged debt to a JDB who sued me. The JDB and I settled and as part of the agreement their TL will be deleted. However, USB should have been reporting "0 balance" and yet they are reporting "Recent balance: Not Reported" along in the Comments area:"Status: Transferred, closed, written off" and "Account transferred to another lender".
  a. Is the fact that they are not reporting "0 balance" a violation?
  b. There is no entry at all that states "this account is scheduled to continue to record until [date]" like other entries show. I would interpret this as it never dropping off my CR (isn't the law 7.5 years from the first delinquency?)

2. I had several student loans with Access Group. Around 2005 or 2006 I consolidated all my loans into one loan with Sallie Mae. The Access Group entered the status on 2 of the loans as "Account closed due to refinance" but on the other 2 loans they show "No status". In Comments they added "Adjustment pending. This item remained unchanged from our processing of your dispute in Nov 2006". I had disputed the fact that all my loans were refinanced with another lender.
  a. How do I get these last 2 loans to show the correct status of being refinanced with another lender?
  b. Of the 2 loans in dispute both show "Recent balance: Not Reported" with no entry as to when they will drop off my CR either

3. Many of the accounts that closed show a drop off date of 10 years. It looks like if I was delinquent then the drop off date is 7.5 years but if the account was paid in full or in good standing previously than the drop off date is 10 years - does that sound right?

4. Of the accounts which are active a few state "status: open. By Jan 2020, this account is scheduled to go to a positive status".
   a. This particular example is the Gas Co (utility) which I have had an account for 30 years and have never been late. What is meant by "positive status" and is that a good or bad thing?

Thanks! I love this forum!

Bruno the JDB Killer

• BANNED
Re: Confused by statements on my EX credit report
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2015 01:30:18 PM »
US Bank is reporting inaccurately. JDBs are not lenders.
I am not an attorney. Any information I post is strictly my opinion and should be treated as such.

arnanda

• Valued Member
  • Take it or leave it.
Re: Confused by statements on my EX credit report
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015 03:02:08 AM »
1) a-No they can still report it.  b-it should have one since it was "written off" (charged off)

2) I think I wouldn't worry about these if they're reporting positively toward your credit. 

3)  Correct, unless the creditor decides to remove it sooner.

4)  Is there any late payment notation? 
TUN - 811/850 (07-07-2015). EQU - 811/850 (07-07-2015). EXP - 8111/850 (07-10-2015).
Abbreviations 1st Thread
Abbreviations 2nd Thread
Smurfy's Ease of Use

credit