Author Topic: Has Your Bill Collector Been Banned?  (Read 1605 times)

Flyingifr

• -DEAN EMERITUS-
  • Valued Member
  • Welcome to my Temper Tantrum
Has Your Bill Collector Been Banned?
« on: February 27, 2015 05:04:04 PM »
The Federal Trade Commission has published a list of Banned Debt Collectors. To quote their web site:

The companies and people listed below are banned, by federal court orders, from participating in the business of debt collection. Click “View case” for information about the lawsuit that resulted in the ban, including press releases and links to the legal complaints. Click “View order” to see the federal court order that permanently prohibits the person or company from participating in the debt collection business.

See all the debt collection cases brought by the FTC, including those that didn’t result in a ban.

Here's the link to the FTC list: http://www.ftc.gov/enforcement/cases-proceedings/banned-debt-collectors

So, a smart DB member, when contacted by a debt collector, will first check the list to see if the debt collector is on the list. If they are, your course of action is simple: First, file a suit under FDCPA for deceptive practices and second notify the FTC of the breach of their ban.

It is safe to assume the FTC will keep this list updated.
BTW-the Flyingifr Method does work. (quoted from Hannah on Infinite Credit, September 19, 2006)

I think of a telephone as a Debt Collector's crowbar. With such a device it is possible to pry one's mouth open wide enough to allow the insertion of a foot or two.

Debtors Exams are the perfect place for us Senior Citizens to show off our recently acquired Alzheimers.

Founder of the Credit Terrorist Training Camp (Debtorboards)

Stormcrow

• Valued Member
Re: Has Your Bill Collector Been Banned?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015 05:09:58 PM »
American Credit Crunchers, LLC—they deserve to be banned for the name alone.

Flyingifr

• -DEAN EMERITUS-
  • Valued Member
  • Welcome to my Temper Tantrum
Re: Has Your Bill Collector Been Banned?
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015 05:11:14 PM »
American Credit Crunchers, LLC—they deserve to be banned for the name alone.

It takes more than a dumb corporate name to be banned, sorry.
BTW-the Flyingifr Method does work. (quoted from Hannah on Infinite Credit, September 19, 2006)

I think of a telephone as a Debt Collector's crowbar. With such a device it is possible to pry one's mouth open wide enough to allow the insertion of a foot or two.

Debtors Exams are the perfect place for us Senior Citizens to show off our recently acquired Alzheimers.

Founder of the Credit Terrorist Training Camp (Debtorboards)

credit