Author Topic: I forgot to file RJI along with my motion  (Read 1611 times)

jbones27

• Valued Member
I forgot to file RJI along with my motion
« on: January 15, 2015 05:04:58 PM »
No wonder there's been no progress in my case. I filed a motion about 2 months ago and finally got around to checking on things, only to have the court clerk tell me the motion isn't going anywhere with an RJI  :vbdoh:

I'd love some help with the proper steps from here.

Do I keep my original motion or refile it?
Do I file RJI and then mail a copy to plaintiff?
How about a notice of motion?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bruno the JDB Killer

• BANNED
Re: I forgot to file RJI along with my motion
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015 05:06:44 PM »
What kind of motion? What is an RJI? What state?
I am not an attorney. Any information I post is strictly my opinion and should be treated as such.

jbones27

• Valued Member
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015 05:16:22 PM »
MTC Arb. Request for judicial intervention? Apparently you need to fill this thing out in order to get a judge assigned to hear the motion.

Bruno the JDB Killer

• BANNED
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015 05:27:05 PM »
Yeah, a lot of states have similar procedures. You have to request a hearing and notice the other side. It would be in your rules under motion practice.
I am not an attorney. Any information I post is strictly my opinion and should be treated as such.

The Litigator

• Valued Member
  • So, sue me.
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2015 05:28:03 PM »
MTC Arb. Request for judicial intervention? Apparently you need to fill this thing out in order to get a judge assigned to hear the motion.

This is a New York Court?

jbones27

• Valued Member
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2015 05:54:48 PM »
Yes. I can't find the exact procedure to proceed from this point. Another firm sent me an RJI in the past, and while it seems easy enough to fill out, they also included a notice of motion, affirmation, affidavit, along with a stack of statements. Am I good with simply fillng out the RJI and writing up a basic notice of motion? Then mail both of those to opposing attorney and JDB? Or should I refile a fresh copy of the motion along with an RJI and mail all this stuff off?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015 06:03:34 PM by jbones27 »

The Litigator

• Valued Member
  • So, sue me.
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2015 06:13:42 PM »
Yes. I can't find the exact procedure to proceed from this point. Another firm sent me an RJI in the past, and while it seems easy enough to fill out, they also included a notice of motion, affirmation, affidavit, along with a stack of statements. Am I good with simply fillng out the RJI and writing up a basic notice of motion? Then mail both of those to opposing attorney and JDB? Or should I refile a fresh copy of the motion along with an RJI and mail all this stuff off?

I've never filed anything in Supreme Court so I can only tell you what I have done in Civil Court.

PM me with your county.

Bruno the JDB Killer

• BANNED
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2015 07:34:03 PM »

http://public.leginfo.state.ny.us/LAWSSEAF.cgi?QUERYTYPE=LAWS+&QUERYDATA=@SLCVP0A22+&LIST=LAW+&BROWSER=EXPLORER+&TOKEN=45684127+&TARGET=VIEW

I would withdraw the old motion and start over.

The Litigator

• Valued Member
  • So, sue me.
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2015 09:49:39 PM »