Author Topic: Received letter from PORTFOLIO RECOVERY ASSOCIATES LLC  (Read 11378 times)

pine3300

• Valued Member
Re: Received letter from PORTFOLIO RECOVERY ASSOCIATES LLC
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2014 12:21:04 AM »
Thanks again cgoodwin, for sharing your own experiences.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014 01:29:11 AM by pine3300 »

pine3300

• Valued Member
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2014 12:22:26 AM »

Someone told me the time limit for appealing untrue tax judgement for personal tax is different from business tax, I don't know whether it's the case...

Flyingifr

• -DEAN EMERITUS-
  • Valued Member
  • Welcome to my Temper Tantrum
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2014 01:30:35 AM »
At this point, it is not an accusation, it is a judgement. Unless you are able to appeal it, it is a moot point. The time to object is either closing or has passed.

I have successfully appealed sales tax assessments for my business. There was a time and a window to do it.

Wrong - while there is a SOL for tax assessments and amending, SOL clock doesn't start ticking until the tax return is filed. I get the impression this is over an unfiled tax return. The first thing to do is to file a correct tax return.
BTW-the Flyingifr Method does work. (quoted from Hannah on Infinite Credit, September 19, 2006)

I think of a telephone as a Debt Collector's crowbar. With such a device it is possible to pry one's mouth open wide enough to allow the insertion of a foot or two.

Debtors Exams are the perfect place for us Senior Citizens to show off our recently acquired Alzheimers.

Founder of the Credit Terrorist Training Camp (Debtorboards)

pine3300

• Valued Member
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2014 01:37:35 AM »

Thanks again Flyingifr.

pine3300

• Valued Member
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2014 01:48:22 AM »
Someone did file for me. To both the IRS and the state tax board.  IRS had no complaint.

A tax attorney ever told me that if a master tax transcript is pulled then it can show if one filed or not.  But I don't know if that will indeed fix the problem, and also what he is asking for is expensive for me.  And why should I pay to defend for innocence?  Why can't truth speak for itself?

My family has been faithful tax payer to the state year after year, when this happens I couldn't believe the indifference from whom we faithfully paying tax to those years.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014 02:45:58 AM by pine3300 »

Flyingifr

• -DEAN EMERITUS-
  • Valued Member
  • Welcome to my Temper Tantrum
« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2014 02:38:17 PM »
Someone did file for me. To both the IRS and the state tax board.  IRS had no complaint.

A tax attorney ever told me that if a master tax transcript is pulled then it can show if one filed or not.  But I don't know if that will indeed fix the problem, and also what he is asking for is expensive for me.  And why should I pay to defend for innocence?  Why can't truth speak for itself?

You can get a Tax Transcript from the IRS and the CA FTB free of charge - just ask for it. As far as why you should have to pay for innocence? You aren't paying for innocence - you are paying for the expertise needed to prove your innocence. AS far as the Government is concerned it isn't "truth" until they say it is.

My family has been faithful tax payer to the state year after year, when this happens I couldn't believe the indifference from whom we faithfully paying tax to those years.

Good for you, but that was then and this is now.
BTW-the Flyingifr Method does work. (quoted from Hannah on Infinite Credit, September 19, 2006)

I think of a telephone as a Debt Collector's crowbar. With such a device it is possible to pry one's mouth open wide enough to allow the insertion of a foot or two.

Debtors Exams are the perfect place for us Senior Citizens to show off our recently acquired Alzheimers.

Founder of the Credit Terrorist Training Camp (Debtorboards)

credit