Author Topic: DV letter sent to CA and PRA  (Read 1277 times)

Johnny good

• Valued Member
DV letter sent to CA and PRA
« on: May 20, 2014 01:48:47 PM »
Sent a DV letter to CA representing Chase and recieved a stack of statements. Chase also sent a letter from card member services stating alleged debt was valid. Damages under 9k. Stated I elect arbitration in the DV letter but not sure if the judge will honor survivability clause in contract.

Also sent a DV letter to PRA who purchased my usbank account. Short and sweet stating I elect arbitration. Will argue this one in small claims and schedule a hearing. When I do schedule a hearing, the attorney must drive down to be present. Am I correct? Still nothing from PRA but awaiting a suit to be filed. Damages under ~8k. I have several claims from researching here and will push for JAMS on this one.

Both within sol. DV letters sent cmrr within 30 days in response to their dunning letters.

Sit tight and see what happens now correct?

Bruno the JDB Killer

• BANNED
Re: DV letter sent to CA and PRA
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014 01:53:32 PM »
You are going to have to win the same argjment we've been discussing, which is that the US Bank agreement says arbitration is not available if the claim is of an amount that can be settled in small claims.
I am not an attorney. Any information I post is strictly my opinion and should be treated as such.

coltfan1972

• Valued Member
  • My Shoes Cost More Than Your House
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014 02:12:30 PM »
Sit tight and see what happens now correct?

Sounds like you've done all you can, or need to do, on your end.
LexisNexis® Legal Newsroom- 05-17-2013 | 10:11 AM --

JONESBORO, Ark. - A federal judge in Arkansas on May 15 ruled that dismissal of a consumer's lawsuit against a debt collector is not proper because although the consumer posted messages on a website "in an odious manner," valid First Amendment concerns exist (Brandon Scroggin v. Credit Bureau of Jonesboro Inc., No. 12-0128, E.D. Ark.; 2013 U.S. Dist. Lexis 69070).

Johnny good

• Valued Member
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014 01:10:50 AM »
Sounds like you've done all you can, or need to do, on your end.

Thanks coltfan.

You are going to have to win the same argjment we've been discussing, which is that the US Bank agreement says arbitration is not available if the claim is of an amount that can be settled in small claims.
True I've seen that thread. It's no doubt PRA is going to file and hopefully their complaint is vague.

This maybe ignorant but I will ask anyway. How about answering their complaint touching on some of the Texas chapter 392 laws they violated. Further, file a separate counterclaim with 10 violations exceeding the amount their after. They did call my cell phone, called consecutively, bothered me late at night, also called family members. I won't disclose all my violations because we know PRA trolls DB.

Maybe I should ask for a jury trial make them spend.