Author Topic: Coolection company after discharge  (Read 1236 times)

GRINGO

• Valued Member
Coolection company after discharge
« on: February 23, 2014 07:06:15 PM »
I recently had a new collection company coming after a discharged debt. Can't remember the form letter to send them requesting them to delete this and for them to send me a certified money order for 1,000. Any ideas. By the way this company is called Herbert Sears inc. Was put on experian with a bill for 1931. No other information. They now have a BBB report filed from them yesterday for a starter. Next up-cash in my pocket!!!

I've been quite ill-recently diagnosed with a brain tumor-I need to clean this issue up, get my health back together before I can once again resume posting!
If you think I am an attorney, you are quite mistaken. If you are looking for legal advice check the  yellow pages!

kdog

• Suspended
Re: Coolection company after discharge
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014 08:25:45 PM »
Welcome Back....Our thoughts and prayers are with you on your road to recovery.

HeadsUp

• Valued Member
  • judgment proof
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014 12:45:34 PM »
So sorry to hear that.  My doctor thought I had a brain tumor at first but it turned out to be m.s.   But it was a scary time going through that.
Finally a collector admits it...

"The reality is that there are people who can't pay and the job of an agency in my opinion is to separate those who can and those who cant and to not waste resources and efforts on those who cant." -- Dr. Evil.

All this nonsense about aggressive judgment enforcement against someone with no assets is just that-- utter nonsense.

http://www.debtorboards.com/index.php?topic=13309.msg100303#msg100303

Flyingifr

• -DEAN EMERITUS-
  • Valued Member
  • Welcome to my Temper Tantrum
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014 01:44:04 PM »
Gringo- welcome back and best of lucj getting through your health issues.

Fisrt thing to do is to thank them for attempting to collect on a debt that has been discharged in Bankruptcy - a violation of the Permanent Injunction issued by the Judge and FDCPA. Next you will remind them that for $1,000 Statutory Damages for the FDCPA violation you might be willing to forget about the violation of the Permanent Injunction. I would also tell them that of you have to go to Court for one you will go to Court for both, so this offer is only on the table for ten days.
BTW-the Flyingifr Method does work. (quoted from Hannah on Infinite Credit, September 19, 2006)

I think of a telephone as a Debt Collector's crowbar. With such a device it is possible to pry one's mouth open wide enough to allow the insertion of a foot or two.

Debtors Exams are the perfect place for us Senior Citizens to show off our recently acquired Alzheimers.

Founder of the Credit Terrorist Training Camp (Debtorboards)

BrokeBob

• Valued Member
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014 05:20:37 PM »
Best of luck to you with your brain tumor. 

AXXEL

• Valued Member
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2014 05:36:35 PM »
Sorry to hear that gringo.  Best wishes to you.  Health first!

Maybe get a lawyer and maximize those damages.

GRINGO

• Valued Member
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2014 07:35:11 AM »
Thanks. Surgery at a VA hospital on the 27 of  March to remove a menigoma marble size tumor.
If you think I am an attorney, you are quite mistaken. If you are looking for legal advice check the  yellow pages!

GRINGO

• Valued Member
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2014 04:09:49 PM »
The VA hospital botched the surgery when I lost blood pressure soon as the anesthesia drugs were administered.
Some how or another they brought me back after over 3 liters of fluid and quite a few drugs were administered-nothing was working.
Anyhow, the VA of course is not doing anymore surgeries one me. I filed a major complaint against them  with 3 organizations.
1. The Joints Commission
2. The Office Of Inspector General
3. My Congressman.
News media won't go with this so I am looking for others.
I have other insurance-tricare so I should be getting an appointment soon as MR. Gomer(my tumor) is now 1-8cm. Went from 15mm In December to 18MM this month.

Back to the main subject. I wrote a certified letter to a company name Sears in CA for trying to collect on a debt after discharge. It was noted on a credit report. Looks like they won't pay the 1,000 that I requested per letter I sent them.  I guess it always don't pan out!

credit