Author Topic: Wisconsin SOL vs Delaware SOL and the ruling against me  (Read 9924 times)

BrokeBob

• Valued Member
Re: Wisconsin SOL vs Delaware SOL and the ruling against me
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2014 05:29:58 PM »
It might be a very good idea to file in JAMS well before the hearing, sending a copy of the JAMS filings to the judge, of course.

Then, you will be moving the court for arbitration that has already been filed.  I once had a judge pick a forum out of the blue and demand I file in that forum.  Fortunately, he asked the other lawyer which was the last forum that attorney had arbitrated in.  The attorney mentioned JAMS, so I was ordered to initiate in JAMS.

I later found out that attorney's previous arbitration had been with trueq. 

But, what if the attorney had said AAA?  Then I would've been stuck with AAA.

It would've been safer for me if I had already initiated before the hearing. 

trueq

• Valued Member
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2014 12:01:37 AM »
+1 to what Bob said.

There is going to be epic squeeling from this lawyer if you get arbitration.

My free speech is not legal advice.  If you need legal advice, you need to talk to a lawyer.

Litigation Defense record
Arbitration record:   9 wins * 0 loses
Court Record:         2 wins * 2 judgments (1 of the 2 judgments has been vacated, other judgment upheld on appeal, marked "satisfied", because I wrote a check.)

The one bank that beat me in court, I now have a $2200 limit credit card from them again.
Redemption is always possible.

Never Evil

• Valued Member
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2014 01:43:47 AM »
It's Kohn Law, I'm sure that squeal will be heard around the state. They did file a summary judgment. I'm hoping that my motion will trump theirs, but we will see May 1.
Have a nice day!

gowyo

• Valued Member
« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2014 03:50:18 AM »

I'm surprised that they would want to recall what a nightmare that must have been for them!
I am not a lawyer and most likely a crackpot.

BrokeBob

• Valued Member
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2014 03:24:41 PM »
It's Kohn Law, I'm sure that squeal will be heard around the state. They did file a summary judgment. I'm hoping that my motion will trump theirs, but we will see May 1.

You don't want to deal with Kohn in court.  They are good. 

BrokeBob

• Valued Member
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2014 03:25:38 PM »

I'm surprised that they would want to recall what a nightmare that must have been for them!

I can't go into the details, (NDA and all that), but this matter was taken care of VERY quickly. 

trueq

• Valued Member
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2014 05:53:41 PM »
I probably really irrated the lawyer and law firm by the time Bob got to them.

On the Kohn issue.

OP need to write the court to deal with jurisdiction issue of arbitration motion FIRST and put off the SJ motion....

Simply, it does not make sense to go through the issues of SJ motion if court's jurisdiction question is not settled.

Kohn is going to try and get SJ motion decided first and make your arbitration motion MOOT!

Coversely, if you get court to decide arbitration motion, and court grants, it makes their SJ motion MOOT.  ("moot" meaning you beat their motion without having to fight and go through the work to beat it.)

You need to ask the court to separate the 2 motions and decide yours first.
My free speech is not legal advice.  If you need legal advice, you need to talk to a lawyer.

Court Record:         2 wins * 2 judgments (1 of the 2 judgments has been vacated, other judgment upheld on appeal, marked "satisfied", because I wrote a check.)

The one bank that beat me in court, I now have a $2200 limit credit card from them again.

Never Evil

• Valued Member
« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2015 02:24:31 AM »
I am sorry for missing the update of this case. It's concluded and can be found on open records. :drinking:
Have a nice day!

trueq

• Valued Member
« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2015 02:54:09 AM »
Good to hear.

Did you get published any good case law on appeal on borrowing statute?   If you did, I missed it.

Otherwise, a win is a win is a win.

credit