Author Topic: I think I won  (Read 1743 times)

Vamp320

• Valued Member
I think I won
« on: December 02, 2013 07:32:39 PM »
1. Was sued by JDB.

2. Responded that I did not have knowledge of debt.

3. Requested DV and chain of custody.

4. JDB lawyer sent paperwork which consisted of fax paperwork with circles around amounts..my full name wasn't even on the paperwork, the OC that I owed the supposed debt to their name was missing it was just pages of nonsense to be honest.

5. So Friday 11/28 I get a letter for stipulation of dismissal by JDB attorney mind you we have a motion for hearing on 12/02. I was reading up and noticed in the state of NJ if not stated automatically means it is without prejudice. I hesitate to sign because I want to agree based on it being with prejudice.

6. I say to myself just go to court regardless. I show up called up to the judge he asks for JDB attorney no one answers. Judge states he is glad to see me and dismisses the case.

Amount: $1389.00

Please let me know if I have a true win

Thanks

Forgot to mention JDB did call me repeatedly even after I told them to stop calling. The phone calls occurred right around the time I received their initial suit. The person I spoke with at the JDB confirmed that they have this information on file to not call me!

bmcinto01

• Valued Member
Re: I think I won
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013 07:35:50 PM »
The judge should issue an order. I'd get a copy.
Pro Se BK7 Discharged. MTC ARB 2-0. MSJ 1-1.

I am a debtor. Nothing I can do will ever change that. When confronted by a creditor in a court of law or Arbitration forum, I will exhaust all legal and contractual means to protect family and property. I will never act in bad faith or attempt fraud to escape an alleged debt. My defensive or offensive strategies will always be based on my intent and belief in doing what is right and fair.

BK7 Essay: http://www.debtorboards.com/index.php/topic,26562

Vamp320

• Valued Member
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013 07:39:50 PM »

bmcinto01  noted will do thank you!

KFMAN

• Valued Member
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013 10:11:44 PM »
Sounds like they owe you $1,000 to me.

coltfan1972

• Valued Member
  • My Shoes Cost More Than Your House
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013 10:39:56 PM »
How could you not consider that a win.  The dismissal is probably w/o prejudice, but so what.   Do you really think they want to come after you again. 

Only Iraqui soliders trying to surrender to CNN news crews in Desert Storm throw up the white flag and go coward quicker than a junk debt buyer faced with a consumer fighting back. 

You basically sent them tucking their tail with a routine request that they must prove to win at trial.   All you did is ask for evidence and they immediatley went yellow on you.   Yes, you won. 
LexisNexis® Legal Newsroom- 05-17-2013 | 10:11 AM --

JONESBORO, Ark. - A federal judge in Arkansas on May 15 ruled that dismissal of a consumer's lawsuit against a debt collector is not proper because although the consumer posted messages on a website "in an odious manner," valid First Amendment concerns exist (Brandon Scroggin v. Credit Bureau of Jonesboro Inc., No. 12-0128, E.D. Ark.; 2013 U.S. Dist. Lexis 69070).

pattyinpine

• Valued Member
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013 01:13:36 AM »
Pat your self on the back for a job well done. Congratulations!
If you find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.

Bruno the JDB Killer

• BANNED
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013 03:30:10 PM »
It's a win to the extent that 98% of the time they never re-file the case, which I believe they have a year to do. They could always sell this to another JDB. With prejudice is up to the judge, usually it requires a trial. No-shows can go either way.
I am not an attorney. Any information I post is strictly my opinion and should be treated as such.

Vamp320

• Valued Member
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2013 10:13:50 PM »
Awwwww Shucks you guys have a way of having the helpless not just feel hopeful but have hope.

Many thanks...They got me last year ruining Christmas but this year my children will be getting loads thanks to you all!

My donation is coming!

2nd case won and all because I researched read, read and read still it stuck! 

coltfan1972

• Valued Member
  • My Shoes Cost More Than Your House
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2013 11:49:05 PM »
Awwwww Shucks you guys have a way of having the helpless not just feel hopeful but have hope.

Many thanks...They got me last year ruining Christmas but this year my children will be getting loads thanks to you all!

My donation is coming!

2nd case won and all because I researched read, read and read still it stuck!

Good job, this time next year you will be asking us if the amount they offering to pay YOU is a fair amount. 
LexisNexis® Legal Newsroom- 05-17-2013 | 10:11 AM --

JONESBORO, Ark. - A federal judge in Arkansas on May 15 ruled that dismissal of a consumer's lawsuit against a debt collector is not proper because although the consumer posted messages on a website "in an odious manner," valid First Amendment concerns exist (Brandon Scroggin v. Credit Bureau of Jonesboro Inc., No. 12-0128, E.D. Ark.; 2013 U.S. Dist. Lexis 69070).