Author Topic: Journey to the United States Supreme Court!  (Read 7811 times)

maylaur

• Valued Member
  • I donated!!
Re: Journey to the United States Supreme Court!
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2013 02:54:05 AM »
The Justices themselves do not but in order to argue a case you must be an attorney and at the time you make the application of good moral character.  They have a plethora of clerks, paralegals, and interns who all research every facet of those applications prior to admitting someone to practice.  Not to mention that ANY law firm that is going to take a case that would be filed at that level is going to do an in depth investigation of their potential client and their motives and character before agreeing to go to SCOTUS on their behalf. 

Feel free to assume what you want but the part that burns you is you know I am right.
This is an interesting assertion.  I seem to remember reading something different in regards to this very question on another board, albeit a day after you posted the above.

Let me see if I can find it...

(Digging, digging, digging....)

Oh, yes.  Here it is:
http://community.lawyers.com/forums/t/131305.aspx

Any thoughts on what was explained in the thread linked to above?
Anything I post is from my own personal experience, and might not apply to your own situation. 
I do not offer legal advice; for that, please consult a lawyer.

waytootired

• Valued Member
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2013 03:57:01 AM »
This is an interesting assertion.  I seem to remember reading something different in regards to this very question on another board, albeit a day after you posted the above.

Let me see if I can find it...

(Digging, digging, digging....)

Oh, yes.  Here it is:
http://community.lawyers.com/forums/t/131305.aspx

Well it seems that the knowledgeable people on that site set her straight too.  But that didn't stop her from raving that Gowyo was a lunatic anyway.   I notice she didn't comment on this thread anymore after that though. 

They say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting to get a different result.  Hmmm.
No, I'm not Gwyn.  I don't even really look like her that much, but definitely more than the other avatars.  We do have one thing in common though; neither one of us is an attorney.  But MAYBE we can both act like one sometimes.  (I say maybe because I can only speak for myself... I've never seen her play an attorney before.  So far I'VE been able to pull it off though.)

coltfan1972

• Valued Member
  • My Shoes Cost More Than Your House
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2013 03:31:49 PM »
I notice she didn't comment on this thread anymore after that though.

Waytootired,

You are a valued member and provide good discussion so please do not take my criticism personal.  We all make mistakes or have something we wish we could take back (myself included big time). 

But bringing to the attention the board that Clydesdale came into a thread and copy and pasted some information, made a bunch of oh no the sky is falling posts about how somebody actually doing anything other than just paying what a collector says is owed, being taken to task by long time and respected members like CleaningUp and others, and then completely disappearing from the thread after her so called facts were shown to be just another instance in a long line of her absolutely knowing nothing about what she speaks has to be the most stating of the obvious there could ever be.

What's next Waytootired?  Are you going to also tell us the sun rises in the east and sets in the west, if you dive into a swimming pool you will get wet, and 1 + 1 = 2 ?

Come on Waytootired you're better than that.
LexisNexis® Legal Newsroom- 05-17-2013 | 10:11 AM --

JONESBORO, Ark. - A federal judge in Arkansas on May 15 ruled that dismissal of a consumer's lawsuit against a debt collector is not proper because although the consumer posted messages on a website "in an odious manner," valid First Amendment concerns exist (Brandon Scroggin v. Credit Bureau of Jonesboro Inc., No. 12-0128, E.D. Ark.; 2013 U.S. Dist. Lexis 69070).

Bruno the JDB Killer

• BANNED
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2013 03:55:35 PM »

Quite a thread, very lengthy, and all it really did was affirm what I found in five minutes reading the SCOTUS rules and looking at a few cases. This stuff isn't that hard.

The original subject as I recall was whether or not a pro se could file a SCOTUS writ. The rule I posted says yes. The new Rule 28 says only attorneys can do the oral argument.

The rest of the thread is immaterial to the extent that the crystal ball is broken. Whether or not GOWYO will prevail is a separate topic altogether. Looks like a rather difficult process and a lot of expense for something that has so little chance of being heard based on the statistics.
I am not an attorney. Any information I post is strictly my opinion and should be treated as such.

waytootired

• Valued Member
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2013 04:12:46 PM »
What's next Waytootired?  Are you going to also tell us the sun rises in the east and sets in the west, if you dive into a swimming pool you will get wet, and 1 + 1 = 2 ?

Come on Waytootired you're better than that.

Thanks Coltfan, I think the same about you.  I seem to recall you stating the obvious many times as well, only this time I think I said it with more brevity than you.  Your point is well-taken though, and you're right, I am better than that.  ;)

BTW, you do realize that I wasn't the one who brought it to the attention of the board in this thread; Maylaur is the one who linked to that other discussion and asked for commentary.  Until then I hadn't read the other thread, and I'll admit my nose was a little out of joint when I did read it, but I'll try to refrain from making comments about stuff I think you already know in the future...

only... (and this is a compliment, by the way) that will probably mean you won't hear from me much!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013 04:29:26 PM by waytootired »
No, I'm not Gwyn.  I don't even really look like her that much, but definitely more than the other avatars.  We do have one thing in common though; neither one of us is an attorney.  But MAYBE we can both act like one sometimes.  (I say maybe because I can only speak for myself... I've never seen her play an attorney before.  So far I'VE been able to pull it off though.)

gowyo

• Valued Member
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2013 05:17:10 PM »
When did I get promoted to lunatic?
I am not a lawyer and most likely a crackpot.

maylaur

• Valued Member
  • I donated!!
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2013 05:28:56 PM »
Maylaur is the one who linked to that other discussion and asked for commentary.

I sure did.  And I appreciate all comments/responses.  :)  It seems, however, that the one it was initially directed at is now AWOL...again.
Anything I post is from my own personal experience, and might not apply to your own situation. 

maylaur

• Valued Member
  • I donated!!
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2013 05:39:23 PM »
When did I get promoted to lunatic?
I believe Clydesmom66 did on the other board.  See the link in my reply (#30) above.

coltfan1972

• Valued Member
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2013 05:53:45 PM »
but I'll try to refrain from making comments about stuff I think you already know in the future

I can't tell if you were joking around but just to be clear.   My message to you was 100% in jest and I was not really scolding you.   

I was just highlighting how Clydesdale does this in every thread.  She comes in and states something, other members point out how she is wrong and then she disappears.   It is as sure of a bet as there is. 

It was a 100% attempt and a little good nature joking around with you and noting personal. 

JONESBORO, Ark. - A federal judge in Arkansas on May 15 ruled that dismissal of a consumer's lawsuit against a debt collector is not proper because although the consumer posted messages on a website "in an odious manner," valid First Amendment concerns exist (Brandon Scroggin v. Credit Bureau of Jonesboro Inc., No. 12-0128, E.D. Ark.; 2013 U.S. Dist. Lexis 69070).

Anza01

• Valued Member
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2013 06:08:18 PM »
I can't tell if you were joking around but just to be clear.   My message to you was 100% in jest and I was not really scolding you.   

I was just highlighting how Clydesdale does this in every thread.  She comes in and states something, other members point out how she is wrong and then she disappears.   It is as sure of a bet as there is. 

I've noticed that or when someone doesn't take her negative advice she then hopes the OC/DC/JDB wins.  Apparently her way of helping those here is do-it-her-way or give up because only she has the plan that works.

I'm still waiting for the federal cases where people have been prosecuted for recording debt collection calls.

maylaur

• Valued Member
  • I donated!!
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2013 06:12:05 PM »

I'm still waiting for the federal cases where people have been prosecuted for recording debt collection calls.

You'll never see any references/cites from her.

waytootired

• Valued Member
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2013 06:45:39 PM »

Such is the nature of internet postings, without the gestures, grins, and chuckles, sometimes you can't tell when someone is being sarcastic or tongue-in-cheek.  So, at first I wasn't sure if you were joking either... but I decided that you JUST HAD TO BE!   Either that or you really got up on the wrong side of the bed!  I figured you were being extremely sarcastic to demonstrate how much of a certainty it was that the outcome was, again, as it always is.  My answer was a little tongue-in-cheek... just in case you did get up on the wrong side of the bed, but also jest so you know there's no hard feelings.  I know you don't care if I make a stupid remark, just so long as I don't expect everyone to think I'm an authority while doing it  :drinking:

My comment earlier about the definition of insanity was just meant to draw a contrast between one who rants about someone being a lunatic on another site, while trying to run for support to that site where she thinks the people all appreciate the superior attitude, only to find out that she is wrong... one. more. time.   Who's the lunatic?

CleaningUp

• Valued Member
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2013 08:49:27 PM »
Lun A. Tic?

coltfan1972

• Valued Member
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2013 05:43:18 AM »

Better cancel anything you have planned for the next fifty years then. 

CleaningUp

• Valued Member
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2013 04:32:43 AM »
I'm just taking a brief time-out here to ask the OP a question.

Please tell us in simple and direct terms, what point of law are you intending to ask the Supreme Court to rule on?

If you don't have that clearly defined and well documented, your writ to the court will likely be summarily dismissed.