Author Topic: Case dismissed with Prejudice today!!!  (Read 4879 times)

CtrlAltDelete

• Valued Member
Re: Case dismissed with Prejudice today!!!
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2013 09:19:35 PM »
Congradulations.

Your responses to the attorney were right on - riminded me of "you owe us money' attitude/statements every customer service rep etc. uses on consumers constantly - interesting how well it works when you give'em back the same thing.

Enjoy
You are only defeated when YOU give up.

dmiked70

• Valued Member
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2013 09:48:57 PM »
For now, I will refrain from posting what state but it was for $2k plus all the other they added on. After my appeal hold , I will post all the info.

Winningthebattle2010...thanks!! I think it should be a violation alone that they came with a motion to dismiss already prepared just to see if I showed up. Any ideas anyone has about other violations let me know.

thanks all...

KFMAN

• Valued Member
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2013 03:42:47 PM »
For now, I will refrain from posting what state but it was for $2k plus all the other <Removed> they added on. After my appeal hold , I will post all the info.

Winningthebattle2010...thanks!! I think it should be a violation alone that they came with a motion to dismiss already prepared just to see if I showed up. Any ideas anyone has about other violations let me know.

thanks all...
What JDB was this?

Flyingifr

• -DEAN EMERITUS-
  • Valued Member
  • Welcome to my Temper Tantrum
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2013 08:25:50 AM »
For now, I will refrain from posting what state but it was for $2k plus all the other <Removed> they added on. After my appeal hold , I will post all the info.

thanks all...

Since they admitted they never had a case in the first place, how about now suing them over the FDCPA violation of misrepresenting the legal nature of the debt?
BTW-the Flyingifr Method does work. (quoted from Hannah on Infinite Credit, September 19, 2006)

I think of a telephone as a Debt Collector's crowbar. With such a device it is possible to pry one's mouth open wide enough to allow the insertion of a foot or two.

Debtors Exams are the perfect place for us Senior Citizens to show off our recently acquired Alzheimers.

Founder of the Credit Terrorist Training Camp (Debtorboards)

KFMAN

• Valued Member
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2013 01:38:00 PM »
Since they admitted they never had a case in the first place, how about now suing them over the FDCPA violation of misrepresenting the legal nature of the debt?
What is the difference between this case and a JDB posting trade lines on Cedit Reports?

• Valued Member
  • I Donate!
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2013 11:52:57 PM »
with prejudice

Time for them to pay you for FDCPA violations.  They filed suit they can't even prove.

Does this only work for JDB's? Or if an OC dismisses because they couldn't get a witness to appear despite her first subpoena request going out two months before the trial, could this work?

I feel it necessary to mention I'm in California and while the FDCPA doesn't apply to OC's, Rosenthal does.

• Valued Member
  • I Donate!
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2013 12:19:07 AM »
Congratulations!

I know what a burden it is to have this on your shoulders, and what a relief it is to have some closure on it. I myself recently had a year long battle (was a real fight with several motions and subpoenas) dismissed and over with.

Finally, sleep is something we will both obtain. That and our poor eyes will no longer feel gritty and sting due to countless hours of research!

Take a break, you earned it.  :woohoo: