Author Topic: Can you recommend good pro-se foreclosure boards?  (Read 5442 times)

adb0rg

• Valued Member
Can you recommend good pro-se foreclosure boards?
« on: September 06, 2012 04:30:57 AM »
I hope it's ok to ask for boards that deal more closely with foreclosures, mortgages and modification? If someone could post some links, I'd appreciate it. If it is a no-no, please disregard my post. Thank you.

trueq

• Valued Member
Re: Can you recommend good pro-se foreclosure boards?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012 02:00:26 PM »
Foreclosures are most often equitable actions.   This means court can essentially do what it feels is right, despite the law.   This means creditor nearly always takes your house.

Read these articles:   (a lot of them)

http://www.familyandconsumerlaw.com/2009/02/mortgage-issues.html

My advice:   Get a lawyer.

Foreclosure is serious business.    If you want to keep your house, good lawyer is a good investment.

I've done A LOT of litigation pro se' and if I ever had a foreclosure, and I wanted to win, I'd call a lawyer 30 seconds after being served the papers, no question.

And I've litigated, pro se', more than many lawyers!
My free speech is not legal advice.  If you need legal advice, you need to talk to a lawyer.

Litigation Defense record
Arbitration record:   9 wins * 0 loses
Court Record:         2 wins * 2 judgments (1 of the 2 judgments has been vacated, other judgment upheld on appeal, marked "satisfied", because I wrote a check.)

The one bank that beat me in court, I now have a $2200 limit credit card from them again.
Redemption is always possible.

CtrlAltDelete

• Valued Member
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012 04:16:53 PM »
What state is the foreclosure in?
You are only defeated when YOU give up.

deepkimchee

• Valued Member
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012 06:18:26 PM »
Trueq thanks for your post, I just dropped 17,000 bullets last week to my attorney.  Of course ,with that kind of money, you second guess yourself.
I refuse to let a piece of paper intimidate me

My statements are educated/non-educated guesses, not legal advice

montag

• Valued Member
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2012 09:05:45 PM »
My advice:   Get a lawyer.

Foreclosure is serious business.    If you want to keep your house, good lawyer is a good investment.

I've done A LOT of litigation pro se' and if I ever had a foreclosure, and I wanted to win, I'd call a lawyer 30 seconds after being served the papers, no question.
Foreclosures are best handled by professionals.

howucantoo

• Valued Member
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2012 11:36:19 PM »
I admit being pro se is not the way to go , but I am doing it and just last week my opponent hired a second firm to deal with me.

I got lectured by the judge  :vbrofl: :  b/c you(defendant) filed additional counterclaims plaintiff decided to hire a more "expensive" law firm to answer (like I care). guess I should've laid down and asked the opponent to please walk all over me !

This has been in court for 2.5 years and the battle is just starting, notice; it is a pro-creditor court.
I am not an attorney, just  type" A" personality.
If you need legal help, you should seek legal counsel.
My PM is turned off.

WardOfTheCourt

• Valued Member
  • I C U
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2012 01:53:00 AM »
I admit being pro se is not the way to go , but I am doing it and just last week my opponent hired a second firm to deal with me.

I got lectured by the judge  :vbrofl: :  b/c you(defendant) filed additional counterclaims plaintiff decided to hire a more "expensive" law firm to answer (like I care). guess I should've laid down and asked the opponent to please walk all over me !

This has been in court for 2.5 years and the battle is just starting, notice; it is a pro-creditor court.

Are you dealing with a judicial foreclosure state where the party wanting to take your home sues the homeowner for the privilege?

Non-judicial foreclosure states where no lawsuit is required to steal a home is where the real *fun* is.   :o

Being pro se is not a crime! Skateboarding is. Your jurisdiction may vary.
All warfare is based on deception. | Pretend inferiority and encourage his arrogance. The Art of War by Sun Tzu

howucantoo

• Valued Member
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2012 02:45:42 AM »
Judicial.

What do you mean by skateboarding is a crime ? Are you referring to me delaying the case ? Absolutely false.

Creditor took 445 days to file a single motion to strike defendant's defense after twice filing withdrawal , now who is skateboarding here?
My PM is turned off.

trueq

• Valued Member
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2012 02:51:33 AM »
There is all kinds of stories of pro se's fighting off foreclosure for 10,15, 25 years.

Yes, you live rent/mortgage free.

If in that time, you save the payment, and you eventually lose the foreclosure, you could always buy it with money you saved (assuming its enough) at the foreclosure sale/auction.

The key is, can you fight for a long period of time and invest enough money to just buy it at end of process.

Many foreclosures which are litigated can easily take 3 years.

You can also BK just before sale to stop it as well.   so if you do pro se', there are ways to overcome losses.

But having a lawyer is usually best in foreclosure actions.   You might defeat it outright.
My free speech is not legal advice.  If you need legal advice, you need to talk to a lawyer.

Litigation Defense record
Arbitration record:   9 wins * 0 loses
Court Record:         2 wins * 2 judgments (1 of the 2 judgments has been vacated, other judgment upheld on appeal, marked "satisfied", because I wrote a check.)

The one bank that beat me in court, I now have a $2200 limit credit card from them again.
Redemption is always possible.

WardOfTheCourt

• Valued Member
  • I C U
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2012 05:43:29 AM »
Judicial.

What do you mean by skateboarding is a crime ? Are you referring to me delaying the case ? Absolutely false.

Creditor took 445 days to file a single motion to strike defendant's defense after twice filing withdrawal , now who is skateboarding here?

Judicial makes sense as a Defendant.

"Creditor"? I have never seen a real one in regard to a mortgage or deed of trust. Probably just another cute and cuddly 3rd party debt collector.

Being pro se should never be treated as a crime.

"...now who is skateboarding here?" Great, now I have this image in my head of a suit wearing bank lawyer riding around the court on a skateboard.  :vbeek:

Skateboarding has seen so many regulations, laws, and bans to the point where they have had a common defensive saying for the longest time (which I assumed was well known) "Skateboarding Is Not a Crime.". It is on T-shirts, bumper stickers, metal signs, etc.

My meaning was a play on the skateboarding community sentiment implying that us self-reps might need our own defensive pro se statement. Maybe, "Being Pro Se Is Not a Crime" on hats, shirts, and bumper stickers.  :)

There would be nothing wrong with you delaying your case. Do whatever it takes to win. I applaud your efforts.

Banks always seem to want our money and/or our homes. They will lie to the court and cheat or do whatever it takes to get either on or both. That (lying to the court) is how they can and have judicially foreclosed on a home with no mortgage or sued a party for someone else's credit card debt. Their "mistakes" ALWAYS happen in their favor. An odd coincidence to be sure. When they are caught they just say, "oops" and move on to the next victim.

If I was to ever need to file a BK on a bank debt associated with my home I could not lie to BK court and would be forced to list the "home" bank as a purported unsecured creditor since I have seen nothing to indicate that they are actually secured creditor. From what I read the BK courts really don't seem to like being lied to whether by a debtor or creditor. I doubt BK courts are overly impressed with robo-signed documents.

The whole "creditor" thing is even more sketchy on the home debt than the credit card debt. There was that little $25 billion AG settlement for fraudulent (robo-signed) affidavits and "servicing" issues in the home debt business and I have yet to hear of that level of attention/penalty for the similarly all too common fraudulent affidavits on the credit card debt side of their operations.

BTW I don't really have anything against skateboarding. ;)
All warfare is based on deception. | Pretend inferiority and encourage his arrogance. The Art of War by Sun Tzu

howucantoo

• Valued Member
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2012 06:05:11 AM »
I did not start my journey as you think, no sir, was willing to give it all up, walk away, but I was dragged into this, so grab a cold one for this show; :vbpopc1:

Midway through this , I consulted an excellent consumer attorney who reviewed my case personally (you all know and read his defense articles).

During our meeting I listened to what was being pointed out in regards to acceleration of the note as well as other flawed documents submitted with court claim. I memorized all and took mental notes, afterward did my own research and came across the defects. Would have not know if I was not guided to those areas of mortgage.

so during my prep for the next round , I filed a motion for extension of time and it was granted. On that hearing date I caught the collection law mill practicing UPL (sending a legal assistant /paralegal instead of an attorney) according to the  State's SCT rules one must be licensed to practice law and this includes attending court hearings.  BTW this happened by accident, I would have not been aware until the judge called this guy by his last name. (I have never heard a judge calling counsel by last name, so my ears perked up, he must have filed an appearance the last minute under his name, the stupidity of a collector).

Next he showed the judge my motion instead of citing the cause (second alarm went off , I never had anyone show judge or have him or her read off a motion, especially if they went to a law school).  I should mention that I am extremely alert and aware of my surroundings, I used to catch thieves, nothing goes by undetected in my world.

I was also alerted When it came time to fill up the order, he hemmed and hawed b/c it would be real crime if he did sign or write that order in front of the whole court, after 10 minutes standing at the desk fiddling with the pen and paper , he said to me: I have another court hearing next door, will be right back, within 2 minutes he was back with the order, got it stamped and handed to me.

I went home to an immediate (code blue) research and sure enough his ( updated ) Linkedin page pops up with extensive detail of his duties as legal assistant, I searched the law firm's site too attorneys listed by ranks and have pictures / biography, education/bar admission, etc. his name was nowhere on that site!

I filed with court all that information because this firm accused me of using the internet to file my first set of affirmative defense, I returned the favor with proof of UPL. :vbeek:

That is when things got heated, I was granted motion to another supplement affirmative defense, which in it I countered for FDCPA and many violations of federally related mortgage condition precedent and requirements that were not met prior to foreclosure action.

Next, the law mill is fired and the new one steps in. I feel so honored !

As you see it was unintentional, but I am always up for defending my rights, I learned from the best here!
My PM is turned off.

deepkimchee

• Valued Member
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2012 07:33:40 AM »
Wow!!  Boy do I have a lot to learn!!  Good job.

WardOfTheCourt

• Valued Member
  • I C U
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2012 07:42:54 AM »
I filed with court all that information because this firm accused me of using the internet to file my first set of affirmative defense, I returned the favor with proof of UPL. :vbeek:

We always need to be mindful to give back to the adversary and their representatives.

UPL complaints, bar complaints, sanctions, FTC complaints, FDCPA claims, RESPA/QWR & TILA violations. It is better to give than to receive.

Removing attorneys is great sport. Rinse and repeat to gift your adversary an aneurism. In Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission, 558 U.S. 50 (2010) I believe the SCOTUS claims that Corporations are people too. Therefore their little corporate heads can go "pop". :) Too bad their little corporate bodies cannot be sent to prison for their criminal acts. :(
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012 07:51:03 AM by WardOfTheCourt »

ladygarner

• Valued Member
  • Please consider donating to keep DB alive and well
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2012 10:24:30 AM »
Non-judicial foreclosure states where no lawsuit is required to steal a home is where the real *fun* is.   :o

We are nearing the foreclosure situation in non-judicial.

Any thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks to all that helped me go from :-[ to :karate: 

Newcomers -- please start here:
The Flyingifr Method of Aggressive Credit Repair

Abbreviations

deepkimchee

• Valued Member
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2012 06:48:44 PM »
If there is any way you can convert your non-judicial, to judicial that would buy plenty of time if nothing else.

Of course, you risk a deficiency judgment.

credit