Author Topic: Collections for out of country credit card  (Read 782 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


  • Valued Member
  • Posts: 1
Collections for out of country credit card
« on: May 07, 2012 11:26:33 PM »
So I received a collections letter from an attorney in Maryland and I live in California. It's for a foreign credit card debt that is almost 5 years old. The SOL in CA is 4 years. I never received anything from the original creditor and the credit cards are not attached to my social security number or US credit report.

I'm really not sure what to do. I contacted an attorney who said that there isn't anything he can do until I'm sued. I don't know if I should ignore the letter until I get a judgment or if I should ask for validation. In some ways, I don't want to confirm that they've found my address. On the other hand, I don't know if I want to deal with this for the rest of my life either.

Any insight??


  • Valued Member
  • Posts: 556
Re: Collections for out of country credit card
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012 04:44:27 PM »
What is the SOL in that country?

FWIW, I would DV CMRR that lawyer....I don't find it easy to believe that the OC actually supplied something really usable.