Credit Basics > Other Interesting Stuff

fight this lawsuit or just try to settle?

<< < (13/13)

jnb1111:

--- Quote from: cprems on April 21, 2012   03:55:58 PM ---Focus on the proceedings at hand.

If it were me, I would place the "other" collections letter into evidence. This will show that some other CA has tried to collect on this account and you don't know IF the CA currently litigating has a standing to sue.

How are you to know?

--- End quote ---

I'll do that.  I brought the letter to court with me today, and I looked it up this morning on the website.  They're still trying to collect.  Should I cal lthe other collector and see if I can get them to mail me a current dated letter, under the guise of trying to settle?  Or not...

KFMAN:

--- Quote from: jnb1111 on May 16, 2012   02:43:26 AM ---I'll do that.  I brought the letter to court with me today, and I looked it up this morning on the website.  They're still trying to collect.  Should I cal lthe other collector and see if I can get them to mail me a current dated letter, under the guise of trying to settle?  Or not...

--- End quote ---
So I guess you would be admitting to the alleged debt, so why would you do that?  You could always ask to receive something in the mail from them about the alleged matter.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version