Author Topic: credit increases  (Read 2873 times)

freedy

• Valued Member
credit increases
« on: April 11, 2011 07:17:57 PM »
anyone have any experience with increasing credit card limits on line?

silverzgirl

• Valued Member
Re: credit increases
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011 09:02:36 PM »
Not if you are on this board....  :vbrofl:
“Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.”  - Sun-Tzu

I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV. I once thought I was a lawyer when I was litigating in a courtroom, but turns out I just had Patron induced bed spins and dreamed it all. Take my posts with a grain of salt...and a shot of Patron. But not so much you think you are a lawyer.

Admin3496

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011 02:09:04 PM »
Bump

silverzgirl

• Valued Member
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011 02:13:29 PM »
Seriously, no. I have had several decreases with one remaining big bank on a card that can be used at ONE furniture store. My CUs have done recent pulls, but none have raised my limits.

Last online thing I did was the soft pull AMEX when I got three mailings from them for new cards. When I did this, they said they had no offers for me at this time.
“Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.”  - Sun-Tzu

I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV. I once thought I was a lawyer when I was litigating in a courtroom, but turns out I just had Patron induced bed spins and dreamed it all. Take my posts with a grain of salt...and a shot of Patron. But not so much you think you are a lawyer.

montag

• Valued Member
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011 03:16:22 PM »
As a matter of fact, I just got another thousand added to the credit limit of the one active (not closed) card I have.  But then, I haven't carried a balance since I got that.  I've paid it off bi-weekly (that's how I'm paid).  I use it to rack up points (pennies in a practical sense) towards a cruise vaca when Mrs. Montag & I pay debts down to our mortgage.

kevinmanheim

• Valued Member
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2011 03:40:46 PM »
If you are being sued by creditors, the chance of a credit increase from any creditor is nil.

Also, seeking an increase while you are clearly in financial distress could be interpreted as fraud.

silverzgirl

• Valued Member
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2011 04:14:18 PM »
As a matter of fact, I just got another thousand added to the credit limit of the one active (not closed) card I have.  But then, I haven't carried a balance since I got that.  I've paid it off bi-weekly (that's how I'm paid).  I use it to rack up points (pennies in a practical sense) towards a cruise vaca when Mrs. Montag & I pay debts down to our mortgage.

Once things are resolved, and the baddies have time to age (like you get past the 2 year mark) this is very likely possible.

Until then, I have to agree with KM and any seeking of more can be construed in the negative if you are still being sued and the baddies are still fresh.

I have not tried with the cards I have left which I am paying down. When I am done with JAMS and suits, I plan on having NO inquiries on my reports other than rentals. Only then will I try to get increases but then again, I may not need them. Stopping payments on a few accounts have allowed me to pad an emergency fund and have money left to buy the necessities I had to rely on plastic for in the past.

montag

• Valued Member
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2011 06:55:03 PM »
Once things are resolved, and the baddies have time to age (like you get past the 2 year mark) this is very likely possible.

Until then, I have to agree with KM and any seeking of more can be construed in the negative if you are still being sued and the baddies are still fresh.
That my case, as a matter of fact.  I fell behind and managed to keep this one open and have paid all but a couple of the closed ones (they total about $3500--which will be paid by this time next year).  I'm in repair mode, needless to say.  Hopefully that won't be a major factor when I apply for a refi after I get the dispute results back from the CRA's.

credit