Author Topic: I need to submit answers by 10 AM Monday morning but have a question  (Read 1615 times)

• Valued Member
I need to submit answers by 10 AM Monday morning but have a question on what I need to answer tomorrow?

The civil suit by Cap 1 outside attorney debt collector gave me 10 days from being served suit.

I see that I need to respond to 3 things is that right? I see Plaintiff's First Request for Disclosure, Plaintiff's First Request for Admissions, and Plaintiff's First Interrogatories to Defendant.

Or would I just need to answer the last two?

The reason I am asking is the first one Plaintiff's First Request for Disclosure says

Rule 194. Request for Disclosure
194.2 Content. A party may request disclosure of any or all of the following:

A   the correct names of the parties to the lawsuit;

B   the names, address, and telephone number of any potential parties;

C the legal theories and, in general, the factual bases of the responding party's claims or defenses (the responding party need not marshal all evidence that may be offered at trial);

D the amount and any method of calculating economic damages;

E the name, address, and telephone number of persons having knowledge of relevant facts, and a brief statement of each identified person's connection with the case;

F for any testifying expert:
1.   the expert's name, address, and telephone number,
2.   the subject matter on which the expert will testify,
3.   the general substance to the expert will testify;
   a all documents, tangible things, reports, models, or data compilations that have been provided to, reviewed by, employed by, pr prepared by or for the expert in anticipation of the expert's testimony; and
   b the expert's current resume and bibliography

G any indemnity and insuring agreements described in Rule 192.3 (f);

H any settlement agreements described in Rule 192.3 (g);

I any witness statements described in rule 192.3(h).

Rule 194.3 Response. The responding party must serve a written response on the requesting party within 30 days after service of the request, except that;
       a a defendant served with a request before defendant's answer is due need not respond until 50 days after service of the request, and

b -  a response to a request under Rule 194.2 (f) 9s governed by Rule 195.

So my question is for the "Plaintiff's First Request for Disclosure" do I need to answer? a & b? do I need to answer all of them? Or do I need to answer only those that apply to me and this case?
Any advice would be appreciated.

Mischievous Smurfy

• Valued Member
Re: I need to submit answers by 10 AM Monday morning but have a question
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011 11:30:06 PM »
i would look up the rules and see how long you have to answer .. 10 days doesn't sound right.

if they lied about the 10 days then you have your first violation.
Ease of Use - Smurfy's Quick Reference

why are we requesting validation instead of disputing???  Why Why Why

• Valued Member
Re: I need to submit answers by 10 AM Monday morning but have a question
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011 11:43:52 PM »
Mischievous Smurfy,

Thank you for the prompt reply I will try to look through the rules. I did go to the Justice court to make sure what I had to do, where it was at and ask about the time frame I had to answer. I told them that it mentions the monday after 10 days of being served, but also that the suit said 30 days to 50 days. But they told me unless specified as this one did I am due to answer by 1/10/11 at 10 am the lady said.

Gabby