Author Topic: Having a problem with MainStreet Acquisition Corp..Help!  (Read 13852 times)

1florida

• Valued Member
Having a problem with MainStreet Acquisition Corp..Help!
« on: November 05, 2010 04:53:44 PM »
I hope someone has an input on what I can do and how to do it. I am still having problems with JDB MainStreet Acquisition Corp. They sued me in court then after my discovery they dismissed w/o prejudice in September.  Since then I have tried unsuccessfully to get them to remove themselves from the 3 CRA’s but they refuse. They sent me a letter along with a couple of copies of credit card statements and said that is all the proof they need. I have tried unsuccessfully to dispute it with the CRA’S and they won’t budge, they said it’s verified and get this, they said the JDB and the OC are working together. I don’t really know what that means. Also after investigating around I just found out that MainStreet Acquisition Corp. does not have a license to operate here in Florida and did not have one when they sued me. If anyone can help me figure what to do I will really appreciate it. Oh yes, the JDB Is owned by the same person who owns Credigy Services aka Credigy Receivables whose license was revoked here in Florida several months before they took me to court. Thanks!

Kittyring

• Valued Member
Re: Having a problem with MainStreet Acquisition Corp..Help!
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010 05:07:36 PM »
I am being sued by the same JDB.  I am using arbitration with them.  See my posts and thread on the Arbitration subjects.  I also have a FDCPA violation that I plan to sue them on.

itsmeagain

• Valued Member
  • No Fear
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010 09:31:50 AM »
If this were mine, I would file a complaint with my state atty general.  Then I would send a well worded ITS, along with a copy of the complaint to the JDB for taking or threatening to take an action they are not allowed to take.

Offer to settle for $1,000 and a mutual walk-away.  Charge extra for an NDA.

That will get their attention.

1florida

• Valued Member
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010 05:19:34 PM »
Thank you for responding and for the suggestions...I like what you suggest itsmeagain, I don't want to sound stupid but I'm new here and don't know what ITS OR NDA stands for. Could you give me some pointers on what to put in the ITS? I'm not asking you to write it for me just kinda guide me on what to say or how to approach it. Also I am going to file a complaint  with my state attornys office as you suggest but do I do it before I send the JDB the letter stating in the letter my intentions of doing that or should I go ahead and file the complaint first and tell them in the letter what I did. I am quite angry and sick and tired of them. I want to get the ITS letter to them as quickly as possible.

KFMAN

• Valued Member
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2010 05:32:30 PM »
Look at the above Helpful links in itsmeagain post.

1florida

• Valued Member
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2010 07:32:35 PM »
I hope someone has an input on what I can do and how to do it. I am still having problems with JDB MainStreet Acquisition Corp. They sued me in court then after my discovery they dismissed w/o prejudice in September.  Since then I have tried unsuccessfully to get them to remove themselves from the 3 CRA’s but they refuse. They sent me a letter along with a couple of copies of credit card statements and said that is all the proof they need. I have tried unsuccessfully to dispute it with the CRA’S and they won’t budge, they said it’s verified and get this, they said the JDB and the OC are working together. I don’t really know what that means. Also after investigating around I just found out that MainStreet Acquisition Corp. does not have a license to operate here in Florida and did not have one when they sued me. If anyone can help me figure what to do I will really appreciate it. Oh yes, the JDB Is owned by the same person who owns Credigy Services aka Credigy Receivables whose license was revoked here in Florida several months before they took me to court. Thanks!
If this were mine, I would file a complaint with my state atty general.  Then I would send a well worded ITS, along with a copy of the complaint to the JDB for taking or threatening to take an action they are not allowed to take.

Offer to settle for $1,000 and a mutual walk-away.  Charge extra for an NDA.

That will get their attention.
When you say send a copy of the complaint, are you referring to the states attorney complaint or the complaint that i will sue them in court with.

itsmeagain

• Valued Member
  • No Fear
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2010 05:59:35 AM »
If you are going to threaten to sue someone, you had better be prepared to do just that if they don't comply with your demand in the ITS.

So, prepare a formal complaint, ready for filing in whatever court you choose and send a copy with your ITS.  In your ITS, you will allow so many days for them to comply.  It needent be many days (10 - 15 is the norm), and when they don't respond, simply file your complaint.

That will get them off the dime . . . .  :sharked:

1florida

• Valued Member
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2010 04:20:12 PM »
OK great, that is what i am going to do... So do I tell them in the letter I had filed a complaint with the States attornys office? if so do I attach a copy to the letter?

itsmeagain

• Valued Member
  • No Fear
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2010 11:53:03 AM »
No!  This isn't personal where you might say "Nanny-Nanny-Boo-Boo"; I just told on you.  It's just business to them.  Let them find out when contacted by the AG.

Just speak your truth quietly - and keep the Big Stick handy . . . .  Devil

1florida

• Valued Member
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2010 02:31:13 PM »
OK, thanks I am going get going on this right away. Do you know if there is a violation concerning the FDCPA or FCRA they comitted by operating without a license and trying to collect? I have read the FDCPA and think there might be (807) but am not sure. What do you think?