Author Topic: Southwest Credit  (Read 723 times)

Jersey No Neck

• Valued Member
Southwest Credit
« on: June 13, 2012 09:03:16 PM »
Hi all,

I owe ATT some money, $488.22 to be exact.  They sent me to Southwest Credit in Carrollton, TX for collections. 

SWC sent me there first letter:  you owe us this much with a fee of this much and make payment to. 

You know, same old stuff.

So, I did a DV, CD and elected arb all in the same letter.

A few days ago I receive in the mail from SWC photo copies of  the last 3 ATT bills, on the first copy of the bill was a hand written SWC acct with a cover letter that read:

"Enclosed is the info you requested, please remit payment of $576.10 upon receipt of this letter".

Is this enough for them to prove DV?  What should be my next step.

Thanks for your help.
Unemployed and losing everything.

ewg

• Valued Member
Re: Southwest Credit
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012 09:18:01 PM »
Would Southwest Credit be related to Southwestern Bell, which became Cingular, then merged with AT&T?

Flyingifr

• -DEAN EMERITUS-
  • Valued Member
  • Welcome to my Temper Tantrum
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012 01:47:59 AM »
To answer the OP's question - yes, that would be Validation of the debt. Keep in mind that Validatyion is only the beginning of the process, not the end. Read the Flyingifr Method of Aggressive Credit Repair to see what happens next and what your options are.
BTW-the Flyingifr Method does work. (quoted from Hannah on Infinite Credit, September 19, 2006)

I think of a telephone as a Debt Collector's crowbar. With such a device it is possible to pry one's mouth open wide enough to allow the insertion of a foot or two.

Debtors Exams are the perfect place for us Senior Citizens to show off our recently acquired Alzheimers.

Founder of the Credit Terrorist Training Camp (Debtorboards)

Just Plain Bill

• Valued Member
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012 01:52:02 AM »
I believe Texas usuary rate is 10%.
I Donated